M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there have been a lot of these posted, but these are the best. A friend of mine (harley owner) invited me to a display for an appreciation dinner for about 350 foster grandparents. There were 2 bikes and we were told that they would be just for display. When we got there, a photographer was there and the display turned into an all out photo shoot. I was nervous when some wanted to take pictures on the bike, but after seeing the excitement in their faces, I couldn't say no. They were so greatfull, and even made me feel good. They ranged from age 65 to 92. Nearly all of them got on by themselves, but some took 5 min.'s to get off. They were lined up 15-20 deep (some with walkers) waiting to take pictures with the nine. They have over 100 photos like this. I will spare you most, but I might post a few more for your enjoyment:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Proves to show that you are only as old as you feel, and what better way to show your youth than enjoying good company and a great bike.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Make sure you slide this one over to the babes on bikes thread:

She is a real looker. :joke:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Blacklightning, That is great, without those people, we would not be here:bigthumbsup: They will remember that for a long time.

I have a question for you. I have the same Cobra luggage rack. Is that the cowl on the back of your bike or is that a padded seat or something like that. Cobra has new directions saying the back seat will not fit on with the luggage rack ( Duh ):joke:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a question for you. I have the same Cobra luggage rack. Is that the cowl on the back of your bike or is that a padded seat or something like that. Cobra has new directions saying the back seat will not fit on with the luggage rack ( Duh ):joke:
The original back seat will not fit. I took the padding off, and put a grinder to the top of the frame. I then repadded it with polyester fiberfill and wrapped it with saran wrap to get the shape that I wanted before covering it with the alligator skin. I did this to keep scratches off the cowl, and to add capacity to the luggage rack, since it has a 10lb. rating. I hauled 4 days worth of gear to the mountains this weekend for the Dragon trip. Worked fine:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I knew that it was covered. It looks loke the cowl but covered in leather. I think it looks great. Yes I put a cardboard box on the back & it was touching the cowl. Cardboard acts like sandpaper:edit:!
When my kids want to go for a ride and I have to take off the rack but what do you do:dontknow:
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When my kids want to go for a ride and I have to take off the rack but what do you do:dontknow:
Larry
The wife and kids will not ride with me:'(. You could ride them around the neighborhood, but I wouldn't ride anyone on mine without a backrest.

·
Registered
537 Posts
What a great way to show them appreciation for what they have done. Good Job !:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts