M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attepted to use the search feature to get some info on axle spikes. I found a lot of useful information on spiked intakes.
Simple question here folks. Does anyone know where I can get axle spikes and possibly handle bar ends that are spikes...as I don't want to get rid of the current ISO grips. If you have pictures of your axle or handlebar end spikes, that would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,
Thanks everyone for the info...was exactly what I needed. That and more money for Mods...it's like I have a frickin addiction.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Doomed is right. I have about a grand worth of Mods sitting in the closet, waiting for winter to pull her apart. I still can't stay off of ebay though...daily search for more 'stuff'.

One more question everyone, a lot of these axle spikes do NOT come with any form of rod or adhesive to attach to the bike. Have many of you used silicone to attach? If so.....are you happy with that?

Dave

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Doomed is right. I have about a grand worth of Mods sitting in the closet, waiting for winter to pull her apart. I still can't stay off of ebay though...daily search for more 'stuff'.

One more question everyone, a lot of these axle spikes do NOT come with any form of rod or adhesive to attach to the bike. Have many of you used silicone to attach? If so.....are you happy with that?

Dave
Are they friction fit? I have seen threads on here where they have put an eye hook on each end and spring through the inside of the axle to keep them on and tight.

Mine have a rubber O ring and fit very snug. Not looking forward to removing them in the winter. It might not be easy for me to do.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen those threads with the spring and eye hooks...seems like a lot of products need additional work by the owner. It would be nice if a lot of these products would come right out of the box with the ability to just bolt on to the bike. Seem to always be messing with the fit. Must be because so many parts are 'universal' fitting.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts