M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had something funny happen this weekend and just had to tell you all. My 11 year old son and I decided to go for a ride together this weekend. After about an hour I asked him if he would like to go to lunch together too. He had the decision and settled on Wendys.

We chose a seat by the window so I could keep an eye on the 9 in the parking lot. A Harley pulls up with a guy and his girl on it. They have to walk past my 9 to go in the front door and the girl stops to look at it. The guy walks right past, nose, literally, in the air. She calls him back while pointing at the bike. He seems testy about it, gives a dismissive wave, and enters the restaraunt. He turns around inside the Wendys and see his girl is STILL outside checking out the bike. He stomps out the door and barks at her something about "get in here". As she approaches she says something about "that bike is baaaad! I just wanted you to look at it". He turns to her, right in front of my son and I and says, "It's just Jap crap. If you like it so much you may need to ask for a ride home on it!" That is where the arguement ended.

My son, who is pretty quiet, finishes chewing his mouthful of burger, takes a sip of his drink, and says, "Jealous much?" I nearly sprayed pop out my nose! Ah love it!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Had something funny happen this weekend and just had to tell you all. My 11 year old son and I decided to go for a ride together this weekend. After about an hour I asked him if he would like to go to lunch together too. He had the decision and settled on Wendys.

We chose a seat by the window so I could keep an eye on the 9 in the parking lot. A Harley pulls up with a guy and his girl on it. They have to walk past my 9 to go in the front door and the girl stops to look at it. The guy walks right past, nose, literally, in the air. She calls him back while pointing at the bike. He seems testy about it, gives a dismissive wave, and enters the restaraunt. He turns around inside the Wendys and see his girl is STILL outside checking out the bike. He stomps out the door and barks at her something about "get in here". As she approaches she says something about "that bike is baaaad! I just wanted you to look at it". He turns to her, right in front of my son and I and says, "It's just Jap crap. If you like it so much you may need to ask for a ride home on it!" That is where the arguement ended.

My son, who is pretty quiet, finishes chewing his mouthful of burger, takes a sip of his drink, and says, "Jealous much?" I nearly sprayed pop out my nose! Ah love it!
Great. You should have offered a ride.and girls do like good looking stylish bikes...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ha Ha, your son has got it, and will make a budding 109 rider :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
That is awesome, Thanks for putting a smile on my face on an otherwise dreary Monday.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ha,ha,ha.:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Went for a movie 3 hours ago. On the way back at the parking lot i saw a HD with his girlfriend. They were on the bike as I approach my 9. Only 2 bikes there. After the incidence at the HD dealer shop I pretended I did not even see them. Normally I would have nodded and say 'Hello'.
Wanted to test the 9 against his Harley but they were going the other way and when they past me I saw the girl wrapping her legs around his waist and I thought 'Now thats something we don't see too often on the road'. I regretted not chasing him down the road, as I am sure i would have surely pissed him off.;)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
you have a Very witty son:joke: I love it:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
G

·
Sounds like he just hasn't been to a HOG meeting lately, and he's getting the shakes. A couple of hours of chain smoking, Bud Light, and discussing how their "superior culture" makes them the undisputed masters of the biker universe, and he'll feel better.

HD may as well just start airbrushing "I'm a douche" on all their tanks. Then they can charge another $3K for "custom paint".

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HD may as well just start airbrushing "I'm a douche" on all their tanks. Then they can charge another $3K for "custom paint".
LMAO!

·
Registered
61 Posts
THAT'S Harley Douche to you Sir!!! HD!!! LMAO

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Those are EXACTLY the Harley guys I can't stand. They're so blinded by the whole Harley cult thing they can't see the obvious when it's smack in their face!

·
Registered
940 Posts
They are not all bad. I met a guy at the drags Saturday who was racing a vrod. I rode his bike and he rode mine, he really liked my 109 and had nothing negative to say. I do know what your talking about though, there is a lot of them out there just like you described.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Perfect reply from your son :)
I often wonder where the HD riders learn to be that way. I mean they arent all automatically Hells Angels when they buy one, are they? I keep thinking of taking my girl up to Cooks Corner, its 20 miles from where I live but I havent done it yet, because I dont want to deal with that. I need backup!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts