M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of trying to fabricate a sidemount bracket for license plate relocation. I liked the setup Bob109 posted on the site. He used a windshield washer kit w/ L.E.D. for the indirect lighting for his plate. I went to two different auto parts stores today and they looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I told them what I wanted.

I went to a NAPA store and an Advance store. I couldn't believe they didn't know what it was. Any suggestions?

panther06

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Panther06 said:
I am in the middle of trying to fabricate a sidemount bracket for license plate relocation. I liked the setup Bob109 posted on the site. He used a windshield washer kit w/ L.E.D. for the indirect lighting for his plate. I went to two different auto parts stores today and they looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I told them what I wanted.

I went to a NAPA store and an Advance store. I couldn't believe they didn't know what it was. Any suggestions?

panther06
Don't ask the folks at the counter! They usually have their heads up their A$$'s. Take the time to brouse through the isles and you'll find the lighting. PEP Boy's, Advanced Auto, Auto Zone have the lights. Stay away from NAPA as they have a very limited inventory of custom parts. I did get the 16mm X 1.5 pitch oil drain plug at NAPA.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Pep boys is the answer, they ar as much a sort of boutique as a parts store. I saw them there just this week.
It was near the import tuner stuff.

I am looking to put a small blue danding LED flame on...

Sledzep

G

·
Many states have laws regarding the use of certain color lighting and limit them to use by emergency vehicles. Blue is like that in Florida. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
toneout said:
Many states have laws regarding the use of certain color lighting and limit them to use by emergency vehicles. Blue is like that in Florida. Good luck.
I dont think it will matter. This is made to be on your hood where the spritz come out. I see many bikes with blue LEDS lighting them up. I think this will fly.

SLedzep

·
Registered
414 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I dont think it will matter. This is made to be on your hood where the spritz come out. I see many bikes with blue LEDS lighting them up. I think this will fly.

SLedzep
Should you be letting out your spritz on the Bike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts