M109 Rider Forums banner

Lets see if we can find the missing owners who lives where ?

• New South Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Victoria

• Queensland

• Northern Territory

• South Australia

• Australian Capital Territory

• Tasmania

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals how many Aussie oi oi oi 's do we have here I know of 1 from Victoria and 2 from WA  me from Brissy and we have no bikes left in the country to but so some how we need to let the new owners know about this top site  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Even if there are only 2 bikes in W.A. (I was told 4 were allocated) there must be at least 4 or five bikes each in NSW & Victoria. Maybe we were lucky and got our orders in first.
New products tend to get released here first due to our isolation to try out the market.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Xhiler8r said:
Hey guys and gals how many Aussie oi oi oi 's do we have here I know of 1 from Victoria and 2 from WA me from Brissy and we have no bikes left in the country to but so some how we need to let the new owners know about this top site :bigthumbsup:
Hi all another ozzy here, had a deposit on one since may got her on saturday what a WEAPON can't wait to run her in :evil:
Great site Lamonster heaps of reading
2 in Brissy now Xhiler8r, looking out for you
"RIDE SAFE RIDE HARD" AND BLACK IS FASTER :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey ozzy welcome to one of the best bikes around, where did you pick yours up from I will actually be out on mine tomorrow might see you around

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Gday Xhiler8r I picked it up from Sunstate up the coast had a bit of a fright when the dealer neally droped it in the driveway.
I will be out and about on Sat and Sun will been looking out for you
Ive seen 1 M109R on the road last friday maybe this was you?(Silver Helmet?) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Na mate wasnt me i live on the south side of Brissy and havent ridden the 9 for over 2 weeks now as i stuffed my back qa couple of weeks ago so today is the day i go riding sore back and all I am sure we will catch up on a ride day someday soon just be carefull going over the OBE OBE range it is qutie tight for the 9 and like to rub pegs quite a bit

G

·
Hi all,
Perth, Western Australia, black 109 k7. only had her 2 weeks now. only 80kms on clock. wont stop raining!!!! 
Decided to do all the mods I had planned while mother nature watered her garden.  kuryakyn grips, gutted out the baffles, FI2000r, JSM3(on the way) , big bike eagle eye l.e.d. indicators, de-badged.  Still waiting for tank bib, shaft cover, & milled engine cover from dealer.
I'm still floored every time I walk out back and look at the sheer size of this monster. Awsome engineering effort.  My wifes car has the same size engine as my bike! Amazing.
Last bike I owned was Yammy FJ1100, 16yrs ago, so its a steep learning curve being back in the saddle after so long.
Nearly had a harley street bob instead. Was driving down to throw down $500 on a bob, when I stopped to pick up a magazine, and spotted the 109 on the front cover.  got into the XR8 and turned around pronto and headed back to the office to sus out the 109, and here I am.  Sorry Willy G, the 109 beats you hands down, and saved me over $7k.  A no brainer. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard mate :bigthumbsup: I am sure as hell gonna say this we will probobly never meet, and enjoy your ride and ride it like you stole it, forget about the way the manual says to break her in she will thank you in the long run

I follow this guys technique always and have had no problems http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Sweet congrats Hotwasabi :D
Thanks for tip on the obi obi xhiler8r don't think i will be going there just yet ive been wearing the heel of my boot on the simplist of corners
Had my first comments from some harley guys today "wow f ck thats fat" blew them a way a bit i think :super: :super: :super:
Starting to think i shouldn't stop anywhere anymore to many onlookers to many questions interfeering with my riding time
hotwasabi said:
Hi all,
Perth, Western Australia, black 109 k7. only had her 2 weeks now. only 80kms on clock. wont stop raining!!!!
Decided to do all the mods I had planned while mother nature watered her garden. kuryakyn grips, gutted out the baffles, FI2000r, JSM3(on the way) , big bike eagle eye l.e.d. indicators, de-badged. Still waiting for tank bib, shaft cover, & milled engine cover from dealer.
I'm still floored every time I walk out back and look at the sheer size of this monster. Awsome engineering effort. My wifes car has the same size engine as my bike! Amazing.
Last bike I owned was Yammy FJ1100, 16yrs ago, so its a steep learning curve being back in the saddle after so long.
Nearly had a harley street bob instead. Was driving down to throw down $500 on a bob, when I stopped to pick up a magazine, and spotted the 109 on the front cover. got into the XR8 and turned around pronto and headed back to the office to sus out the 109, and here I am. Sorry Willy G, the 109 beats you hands down, and saved me over $7k. A no brainer. :bigthumbsup:
Hotwasabi is yours a 2007??

G

·
HEY OZZY109,
YEP, A K7. (2007 MODEL).

I was 2nd guy in perth to get a k7. minor cosmetic changes like metal engine covers and stuff. cant tell them apart from k6. even dealer didnt know what the diss was from k6 to k7.
heard from my dealer that some shops in q/land are profiteering becaause of the shortage of 109's here in aussie.
RRP is 18990 + onroads, and i have heard some dealers are flogging them for 22k +. A bit like scalping tickets for the footy. :evil: :verymad:

G

·
G'day Xhiler8r,

hammered hell outa my BA ford xr8 during the run in cycle to try this method, and yeah, it made it a sweet runner for sure.
might just cane the 109r from now on, come to think of it. thanks for the reminder. :bigthumbsup:

Say, any news on pipes over in the 'ol usa? I know cobra dragsters are around, but I'm just not that keen to have windows break as I drive on down my street. I figured V&H or maybe hard-chrome 3" street pros might be the go. Its a tough call, buying something sight-unseen and unheard from the other side of the planet. There are no pipes over here, and wont be for many months i'm told. I checked the V&H site and they dont even mention pipes for a 109r.
Seems dragsters are the only option right now. We have to deal with oxy sensors in the headers also, which you guys in the states dont have in your models I believe, so it might be a design problem for the suppliers, or maybe we will just need to trim the FI light as has been done on other models.???
Waiting, waiting, waitning.... :read:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
hotwasabi said:
HEY OZZY109,
YEP, A K7. (2007 MODEL).

I was 2nd guy in perth to get a k7. minor cosmetic changes like metal engine covers and stuff. cant tell them apart from k6. even dealer didnt know what the diss was from k6 to k7.
heard from my dealer that some shops in q/land are profiteering becaause of the shortage of 109's here in aussie.
RRP is 18990 + onroads, and i have heard some dealers are flogging them for 22k +. A bit like scalping tickets for the footy. :evil: :verymad:
Cool :bigthumbsup:Congrats again
Funny thing u say that some guy asked me today if i knocked some one off the list to get mine,he said he heard some stealers have been doing this.
Thats why i went to Sunstate :super:to get mine and got it at the right price,had been quoted 20 k elsewhere back in may
Xhiler8r said:
Welcome aboard mate :bigthumbsup: I am sure as hell gonna say this we will probobly never meet, and enjoy your ride and ride it like you stole it, forget about the way the manual says to break her in she will thank you in the long run

I follow this guys technique always and have had no problems http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:That makes me feel better Xhiler8r I was worried i was giving her a bit too much :evil:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Any of you Ozzy riders running aftermarket pipes? Just wondering if you get a set with the o2 bungs in the headers or have to run some sort of plug and play to trick the ECU into thinking all is ok with the o2. I know some car guys that have to do that and even though the pollution control is defeated they still get away with it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
With the O2 sensor could be a good ideato do the Big396 or JR Pipe mod.
I thought the US model would have the sensor too but no one has mentioned it.

Hotwasabi which dealer you buy off?
Did you see a bike before you bought?

G

·
ozzy 109

Got my bike from Savage Suzuki, Midland Perth.
bought it sight unseen after doing a lot of web research.
when I saw it for real, I was not dissapointed.

As with any jap twin, the exhaust note is the only thing I ever wished had more balls.
Sometimes just plain LOUD does not cut it. It has to have a "note" that inspires and rewards.
Its the ONLY thing a Hog has got over the 109, and I'm trying to fix that by sussing out the cobra dragsters.
time will tell... ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Aussie109 said:
I thought the US model would have the sensor too but no one has mentioned it.
No, our bikes don't have an O2 sensor :bigthumbsup:

What no one has said yet is whether the O2s on your bikes are for helping the ECU adjust for changes or there for emissions(which is my guess). If its there for emissions only you could try and find a O2 sensor simulator that would work with the bike. Then just get rid of the O2s and you could use any pipe availble for the 109.

G

·
I've been asking some questions of some savvy mechanics around town about the issues of aftermarket pipes and o2 sniffers. Its seems its a common prob with other models and the answer is simply to cut/disengage the fI light wire as it leaves the harness, as others in this forum have done for thier bikes when using aftermarket pipes, then remove the sensors from the bike, put them into storage for safe keeping and go riding !!
Its been suggested the 02's are there on our oz bikes to compensate for our varied climates, whilst others have suggested it is because of our more strigent pollution controls. whatever.
As long as they can be disengaged without damaging the bike I'm happy.
I've probably overriden the intended use of the sensor anyway by installing the FI2000r controller, and will do so even more when my js3 thingo lands.
I've heard it helps smooth out the overly sensitive throttle, which would be a good thnig.

On the strength of this info, I'm going to order some dragsters, do the Lamonster washer mod, and then stuff'em with muffler bandage to get the type of note I want.
The dragster dual-shorty look is the most appealing to me, the cost is competitive, and by all accounts it sounds good.
Hard to argue... :doorag:
Hotwasabi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts