M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body interested PM me and we can meet in chat room to work it out... will check in around 12:30 or 1:00  :doorag:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Had a great ride today, sorry you guys missed it. Unfortunately, Prowler isn't so good with Jalepeneo seasons sausage that we had at Rudy's in Gruene today, so I had to make the second half of the ride solo. Found some very nice, twisty roads rolling from Canyon Lake, just west of Gruene (pronounced Green if you can believe that) up thru Dripping Springs on Texas 12. Good hills but not much in the way of places to pull over and take photo's.

I did stop at Canyon Lake Dam and get this one tho.. Couldn't coax a "Finger-Of-God" sunbeam like Alan did, but I like it just the same... (forgive the dirt)

OH, and I forgot to mention that I stopped off at Mary Moore State Park on the way to Prowler's place and crashed a HD rally 8) They actually didn't care a bit, it was a group from Houston that road up as part of a Make-A-Wish for a kid here in Austin that has Acute Myoloid (sp?) Lukemia and is going in for bone marrow transplanting tomorrow. He said all he wanted was a Do-Rag with a Teddy Bear on it.. They got the kid a Do-Rag, a leather riding vest, and a Helmet (ALL of which had the requested Teddy Bear) as well as an actually HD Teddy Bear AND then took him for a spin in the Hill Country on the back of a rather sweet HD that even had passenger arm-rests like a Gold Wing. Kid was grinning from ear to ear and maybe a bit more when I left!

Also met the guy that organized it, was a strapping Texas Gent who claimed to be 74 years old, although I wouldn't have put him a day passed 50. May God bless us all with such vigor at his age!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaltonH said:
Had a great ride today, sorry you guys missed it. Unfortunately, Prowler isn't so good with Jalepeneo seasons sausage that we had at Rudy's in Gruene today, so I had to make the second half of the ride solo. Found some very nice, twisty roads rolling from Canyon Lake, just west of Gruene (pronounced Green if you can believe that) up thru Dripping Springs on Texas 12. Good hills but not much in the way of places to pull over and take photo's.

I did stop at Canyon Lake Dam and get this one tho.. Couldn't coax a "Finger-Of-God" sunbeam like Alan did, but I like it just the same... (forgive the dirt)

OH, and I forgot to mention that I stopped off at Mary Moore State Park on the way to Prowler's place and crashed a HD rally 8) They actually didn't care a bit, it was a group from Houston that road up as part of a Make-A-Wish for a kid here in Austin that has Acute Myoloid (sp?) Lukemia and is going in for bone marrow transplanting tomorrow. He said all he wanted was a Do-Rag with a Teddy Bear on it.. They got the kid a Do-Rag, a leather riding vest, and a Helmet (ALL of which had the requested Teddy Bear) as well as an actually HD Teddy Bear AND then took him for a spin in the Hill Country on the back of a rather sweet HD that even had passenger arm-rests like a Gold Wing.  Kid was grinning from ear to ear and maybe a bit more when I left!Â

Also met the guy that organized it, was a strapping Texas Gent who claimed to be 74 years old, although I wouldn't have put him a day passed 50. May God bless us all with such vigor at his age!
Actually I didnt have the jalepeno sausage LOL... I may have shoulda went with the extra lean brisket though ::)
Plus I had things to finish up at the house. Sorry we didnt continue with you, we woulda just slowed you down anyway.
The wifey dont like going fast and the curvy roads dont help, but I love it!!

Maybe next time I will solo...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sorry I missed it guys! Bikes in the shop from a leaky back hub. Should have it back middle of the week. Let's do a ride :doorag:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts