M109 Rider Forums banner

Ride & Dinner Confirmation

• YES for sure! (Ride & Dinner) - Post Your Name.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • YES for sure! (Ride Only)

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE IF YOUR ATTENDING READ & CONFIRM BY THE POLL & BY POSTING YOUR NAME AS WELL (PLEASE DO BOTH)

In an effort to help Lucky06 plan and have this be a successful, fun & safe meet/ride I wanted to go over a few things. Since it's in my backyard I've been asked to lead the group on the ride since I'm familiar with the area & roads.

- Are you coming for sure? (vote on the poll so we can get numbers)

- Are you staying for the early dinner on the lake in Macon at 4:30pm at the end of the ride? If your bringing a friend that's not on the forum please post how many riders are coming with you. (vote & post if you are)

MISC:

ARRIVAL: Please try to be at Capital Cycle no later than 11:00am. I'll be down there by 10:30 or earlier. We will plan to leave for the ride portion by 11:30am so that we're not rushed and can enjoy a comfortably paced ride and have time at the designated stops.

FUEL: When you get off of Exit 5 (I-475) in Macon please FUEL UP BEFORE coming to Capital Cycle (right next to Harley Davidson). There is a nice Raceway gas station on your left. Capital Cycle will be down a 1/4 mile on your right. If everyone does this then we'll be ready to ride & we can all leave the dealership and have full tanks.

FOOD & DRINK: We're not stopping for lunch. We will be riding by 11:30am and won't eat until about 4:30pm. So with that in mind plan accordingly.

---------------------------------------------

GROUP RIDE SAFETY (MUST READ):

I want to keep this simple but I also want to go over a few points so that we're all on the same page. Overall the goal of a group ride is meeting new friends, seeing old friends, enjoying the comradie, checking out the bikes, riding safely and having a great time. It's not to impress everyone with your extreme riding skills by taking chances or indangering the lives of the other riders in the group.

Having said that we all have different personalities, different riding styles, riding experience, large group riding experience, comfortable cruising speeds...etc. My goal is for everyone to get back to Macon in 1-piece with no one going down. Even though this isn't north Georgia or anything like riding the Dragon, there are some very curvey sections of road that can sneak up and bite you if your not carefull. So please take note of the following guidelines I want to see being used during the ride so we can maintain a safe riding environmnet for everyone.

- Everyone stay in their riding postion in the group & enjoy the ride & scenery (NO passing on double yellow lines or jockeying for position within the group!)

- Ride staggered on long straight road sections (allow about a 2 bike length gap in front & behind you.)

- Ride single file in tighter curvey sections (use the whole lane and ride oustide/in for better safety in the corners. If your crossing the centerline in the corners your going too fast. Slow down & stay in your lane.)

- Every rider point out road obstruction/road kill for the rider behind you by using your left hand and right foot.

- We're not using roadguards or traffic blockers so make sure it's clear to turn at intersections. Don't rely on the rider in front of you. Your responsible for yourself and making sure the road is clear before proceeding.

- Don't run redlights to stay with the group. If the group gets a little broken up I'll slow the pace down or even pull over if I have to so that you can catch up and then we'll proceed as a group. NO ONE IS GONNA GET LEFT BEHIND!

Note: Theres really no point in doing a "group ride" if everyone wants to do their own thing, ride at different speeds & all get spread way out on the road. Personally I don't like riding slow (like doing the speed limit) but in a group setting its better if we all tone it down and just view the ride with a Sunday afternoon ride mentallity and enjoy the countryside and our riding friends company. If we want to ride 100mph down the interstate going back home after the group ride GO FOR IT! :doorag: I hope this makes sense to everyone and your in agreement with it. I'm really looking forward to meeting the ones I haven't already and having a great day!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Thanks for your time & understanding.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok this is just the start but we got:

7ea. M109R riders & 3ea. friends confirmed so far.

Let's keep it going!!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm just going to show up for the ride. I will be solo, and I would like to get back home with plenty of daylight. See you there! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry bro!! My Grandfather passed away this past weekend and it's been a littly crazy.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! :bigthumbsup:
Oh I know your coming. I was asking about all the other 9 riders out there in Georgia land. We need to represent man!!!!

So sorry to hear about that Chad. I hope he had a long & happy life however. It's always sad to loose a loved one.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Total of (2) Myself and a buddy....Planning on the ride and dinner....
Ok Cool. I believe Athomas387 & Nine Rider are coming as well.

So I think that makes:
10ea. M109R riders & 4ea. friends confirmed so far total. I'm thinking a good 25 riders is where we need to hit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg
Total of (2) Myself and a buddy....Planning on the ride and dinner....

It will be nice to meet you. You've been a member here for 2 years and really are not that far from me. :bigthumbsup::doorag:

Yep...looking forward to meeting you too!....see ya there!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts