M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Already put the 500 miles on the BULLY controller i installed last weekend, this was the number i picked to run it with just the controller to get used to it.

I just came upstairs from the garage and plugged in the TDE- 4th Gear Emulator (ATRE) weather is rain possible for the next 2 days so I am not sure if I am gonna get a chance to get a ride before Saturday.

so the question is when I get to that first Stop light with open road ahead of me and i decide to GIVE IT A RIP what i cant expect? am i gonna be sporting a mile wide smile? or am I gonna be so scared I :edit: my shorts? can i give it a quick shift into second with a good bit of power or will i chirp second?

The C is a torquey S.O.B. to begin with and by far the quickest most powerful motorcycle I have ever straddled. My priors rides were a couple of Intruder 800's and a Yammy Vstar 1100, I have NEVER rode a sportbike of any size. So as far as that goes i have no reference for what I am getting myself into.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you but the TRE isn't going to do much for you while your going fast, only going slow.

What you are going to expect is that now in the first 1-2-3 gears at very low speeds and RPM you will notice the bike isn't stuttering or being jerky (running lean). Stick in the TRE and now all of a sudden the bike is getting the fuel map for the 4th gear which isn't timing retarded, and you get perfectly glass smooth acceleration and cruising. It changes the ride completlely.

Then of course is the fact that it removes the upper end limiter in 5th gear so you can get a few more RPMS in then normal (At least this is how it works for the M..)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks. I guess somehow i was under the impression that it not only smoothed out the bottom 3 gears, which will be real useful, but, also improved the acceleration in those gears making the bike even quicker from a standing start. There are many posts in this forum and the other I visit that seem to point that way

i will enjoy a smoother throttle in the bottom 3 gears for sure, mine wasn't as bad as others seem to comment about ,but, it was a lil unpredictable and it could be a pain playing on the backroads. I had adapted to it by using the clutch to make sure things were smooth, it will be nice to not have the mental load i had for that and use it for other things to improve my riding experience

Sorry to disappoint you but the TRE isn't going to do much for you while your going fast, only going slow.

What you are going to expect is that now in the first 1-2-3 gears at very low speeds and RPM you will notice the bike isn't stuttering or being jerky (running lean). Stick in the TRE and now all of a sudden the bike is getting the fuel map for the 4th gear which isn't timing retarded, and you get perfectly glass smooth acceleration and cruising. It changes the ride completlely.

Then of course is the fact that it removes the upper end limiter in 5th gear so you can get a few more RPMS in then normal (At least this is how it works for the M..)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
smooth is what you will get. I got a gipro and it smoothed it out and let the bike run like it should. Much better control and better power because the timing is seamless... you will like it.

ride safe

G

·
ATRE On or Off ?

I have the GIPro ATre and Gear Indicator on my 2008 C109RT.

With this device you can turn the ATRE function on and off. I used the 4th Gear Map as recommended by the manufacturer.

The ATRE did not stop the low gear surge but the Bully FI controller did.

Now for the power at 1-3 gears--the ATRE activated is to darn powerful. It gives the bike instant acceleration which is great in a straight line, but on tight slow speed turns it is too hard to control the bike for me.

I've read that Suzuki retards the timing just for this reason, to tame this beast a little at slow speeds. Of course once you get going into 4th and 5th it's off to the races!

The Gear Indicator is very handy and occasionally I turn the ATRE on just to unleash her, but for daily riding around town I keep it off.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.