M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the help of Chad (LUCKY), I was able to get my air ride installed today. In all honesty, it isn't a hard install. I was asked to do a step by step "how to" but the instructions that come with the kit are very good. The only points I would make are:

#1) The stock shock mounting bolts were on there tight. I wasn't strong enough to get them off by myself....I tried last night and had to wait on Chad. They are supposed to only be 32.5 ft/lbs but they were way tighter than that!

#2) The suggestion to use some grease on the thrust washers to get them to stay in the shock mounting bracket was a great tip. We stuck them to the sides of the bracket, slid the shock in between, slid the bolt through, and then tighten them to spec....32.5

Here is a video and a couple pics:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,147 Posts
Looks great Bobby! And it works at about the same speed as the KM air ride. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

The first time I had to remove my bones, I put a long pipe on the ratchet handle and lowered the bike down on it to break it loose.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
You know, you are really starting to tick me off :joke: :joke: :joke:

Seriously though, great job and I am glad to hear it is not too much of a PITA. That is something I really want to add to my beast. I really get tired of dragging the pegs all the time with the drop in place. Actually I have almost ground through the heat shield on my lower pipe. :redfaced:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts