M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
was born and raised in jonesboro. no longer live there, but good luck to your chapter. thanks for what you do!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Olathe KS rider here, and recent member of Patriot Guard.

Two of us from M109Riders started riding with PGR at about the same time, seemed the most worthy cause I ever heard of.

Perhaps one day we will ride together. Good luck with your membership drive.

·
Registered
765 Posts
fignewt3 said:
Olathe KS rider here, and recent member of Patriot Guard.

Two of us from M109Riders started riding with PGR at about the same time, seemed the most worthy cause I ever heard of.

Perhaps one day we will ride together. Good luck with your membership drive.
Can you guess who the other M109 rider is? ;)

Sadly enough we have had 3 missions in 2 weeks within 2 hours of here with a 4th mission coming up in another week.Â

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily (depending on how you look at it I guess) I haven't had to go on a mission yet. My work schedule dictates how far/when I can partake and thankfully no missions have arisen in our area since I've been a member.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went on my first mission on Veteran's Day. Wasn't a typical PGR mission, but a unit sendoff that is on their way to Iraq...

·
Registered
765 Posts
The special missions are just as important to the troops and familys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sboden said:
The special missions are just as important to the troops and familys.
It was nice....tons of local supporters lined up on both sides of the road...we were the lead element and lots of folks waved and yelled "thanks for what you do" as we were passing by. Even teared up a bit as the buses passed us on the way to the interstate.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i went to the PG site and read the mission statement, then everything else. just joined up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phaed said:
i went to the PG site and read the mission statement, then everything else. just joined up.
Thank you! What state are you in? The best way to communicate with them is to give them your email address, then check the regional forums for your area...thanks again for joining!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
in georgia. i did what you suggested. they already sound like really cool folks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Your first mission will be emotional...actually they all are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts