M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am exchanging my stock triple tree set for a chrome stock set from Jerry (LiquidPain) this week. I spoke with him prior, and he told me that I would have to have the bearings replaced or added to the chrome set that he will be sending me. Apparently, I can't take the ones off my stock tree and put them on the chrome replacement tree. I went on line to see if I could find the right bearings for the tree, and this is what I found. Please review the pics and description below and let me know if these are the right thing I need, and also let me know if these are quality replacements for the OEM bearings? I don't want to put anything on my bike that is going to cause it to function poorly.

Please let me know what you think...anybody.

Thanks.

ITEM DESCRIPTION

Description:
Part: Steering Stem Bearings
Make: Suzuki
Model: M109R
Year: 2006-2009
Info.:-Designed as a drop-in replacement to upgrade ball-type bearings to taper bearings, or a high quality replacement if your machine comes with tapered bearings stock
-Tapered roller bearings provide decreased maintenance along with less wear, smoother operation and longer life
-Kits come complete with both upper and lower taper bearing cups, cones, and most kits include top and bottom seals.

In some instances we have used a generic Photo for product representation.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The top bearing can come on and off and therefore, you could still use that one.

Removal of the bottom bearing requires destruction of it, so you would need to replace it.

The ones you have pictured look right. Just confirm the part numbers and you are good.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top bearing can come on and off and therefore, you could still use that one.

Removal of the bottom bearing requires destruction of it, so you would need to replace it.

The ones you have pictured look right. Just confirm the part numbers and you are good.
SR, are the tapered bearings better in the way it is explained in the description or write up? Also, can I simply drop these bearings in like the write up says, or is this somehthing that will require the bearings to be pressed back in or on the neck of the tree with some sort of machie or special tool?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Who knows?

They all say they have the best idea, there are even 'all ball bearings' out there, but in reality, they all work fine.

I have never instaled the ones you posted, so I am not sure how much of a pain they will be to seat, but I am sure they are not that bad.

Try them and let us all know how they work out for you.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I am exchanging my stock triple tree set for a chrome stock set from Jerry (LiquidPain) this week. I spoke with him prior, and he told me that I would have to have the bearings replaced or added to the chrome set that he will be sending me. Apparently, I can't take the ones off my stock tree and put them on the chrome replacement tree. I went on line to see if I could find the right bearings for the tree, and this is what I found. Please review the pics and description below and let me know if these are the right thing I need, and also let me know if these are quality replacements for the OEM bearings? I don't want to put anything on my bike that is going to cause it to function poorly.

Please let me know what you think...anybody.

Thanks.

The upper tree bearings DO NOT need to be messed with, nor replaced....ONLY the lower tree shaft bearing will need to be replaced. Sorry for the confusion

Jerry

ITEM DESCRIPTION

Description:
Part: Steering Stem Bearings
Make: Suzuki
Model: M109R
Year: 2006-2009
Info.:-Designed as a drop-in replacement to upgrade ball-type bearings to taper bearings, or a high quality replacement if your machine comes with tapered bearings stock
-Tapered roller bearings provide decreased maintenance along with less wear, smoother operation and longer life
-Kits come complete with both upper and lower taper bearing cups, cones, and most kits include top and bottom seals.

In some instances we have used a generic Photo for product representation.

The upper tree bearings DO NOT need to be messed with, nor replaced....ONLY the lower tree shaft bearing will need to be replaced. Sorry for the confusion

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts