M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trying to think of what to do with the wheels. I think they are powder coated? or are they alum with a clear coat. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
FM109 said:
I have trying to think of what to do with the wheels. I think they are powder coated? or are they alum with a clear coat. Any Ideas?
Clear coated aluminum. If you remove the clear coat you will have a hell of a time keeping them looking good after that. A lot of VTX owners found this out the hard way when they went to polish them. Be careful of what cleaners you use so you don't remove the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
the wheels are siler metalic powder coat - my buddy spent many hours stripping and polishing his -
he then had them re-cleared. they look great but he says if he had to do it again - he'd have'm chromed

godzuki

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I thought they were clear coated. Will I need to strip them before I get them chromed or will the platers do that as part of the process?

FM109

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thompson's Motorsports,In Terre Haute.IN. Has a Black 06 with chrome wheels on it, looks awsome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ron S said:
Thompson's Motorsports,In Terre Haute.IN. Has a Black 06 with chrome wheels on it, looks awsome. :bigthumbsup:
The wheels and hub was still at the chromer last time I was there never got to see it :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts