M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that JR probably has a lot of info on this subject. But many racecars have gone to the thin but wide style and now some motorcycles are doing away with the long pipe/canister setup and putting everything under the engine. So when will we see a M109 with this style?

Race car version:

Buell version, note the little tail pipe at the back corner:

Suzuki version, no canister, everything at the bottom, very similar to the Rune:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hal,
That Buell has the same big round exhaust underneath the engine that every other Buell (including the one in my garage) has. Unless I am missing something? :dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buell was one of the first to adopt this newer exhaust scheme.
But the older Buell's were different with a muffler and headers under the bike.

See below for old style:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
thanks all for making miss my Buell!!Here are a couple pics of an exhaust I had made for my 99 X-1 Lightning.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Buell was one of the first to adopt this newer exhaust scheme.
But the older Buell's were different with a muffler and headers under the bike.
Yeah but the pic you posted earlier of the Buell has the exhaust in the same place as this one. It is a round canister under the engine. I still don't see what you are referring to, all I see is the round exhaust underneath just like mine is. :confused: :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
won't happen on our bike without some mods, it rides pretty low as it is

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
That's a nice looking pipe. I don't think there's room to do anything like that under an 09. Now someone go show me wrong because I'd love to see it tried.

·
Registered
205 Posts
J R said:
Yea bud I got a cool one gonna come out all my own top to bottom and the bottom will be flat like that under the bike :bigthumbsup: I will be working on it when I get a chance in the next few months it will closely resemble the top pic :bigthumbsup:
Can't wait to see it!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've put this style of pipe on a few cars I've helped lower.... oh yeah and I'm pretty sure the new corvettes are already using this type of exhaust stock..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts