M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
technically, they're not legal anywhere in the US, while driving. Any flashing light is gonna get you pulled over

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hate to tell you but pretty much anything you do adding additional lighting to your bike is illegal in Va. HID's are illegal, Off color bulbs, Sylvania Silverstars are the only headlights that are legal besides stock. Lizard lights also if they are on the bike they have to work, if the inspector sees them and they are not DOT approved they can hit you for it. Tinted lenses all of it. I'm not saying this to be a prick but I've been a Inspector for 12yrs and I've seen it all some of them I agree with some I don't. The guys in the blue and gray cars can really take it to you if they want too. Be Safe and God speed. Mack

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I bet that unless you have them flashing nobody would say a word. The slow "Knight Rider" mode would more likely than not be overlooked; especially since it is on the rear of the bike above your brake light. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I bet that unless you have them flashing nobody would say a word. The slow "Knight Rider" mode would more likely than not be overlooked; especially since it is on the rear of the bike above your brake light. :bigthumbsup:
Ya think? I DOUBLE DOG DARE you to come on up here (I will give you a room) to cruise around with them on, non-flashing, whatever,,, and see how long it is before you are RENTING a car to drive home :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
He's correct..

Anybody got a clip of the STEBEL horn sound?
I have to ask,,, with all the DAMN threads on them already, why are you questioning this? and seem to need to see/hear a video that WILL NOT reproduce what it actually sounds like?

On top of all that, there must be a minimum of SIX 9's around where you live that have them,,, get out and meet some people,,, and hear it in person if you must,,,

Want to know what it sounds like,,, ever changed lanes in a car without fully looking and have a 40ft delivery truck honk its horn and you almost wreck from swerving back to your original lane,,, THAT'S what a Stebel sounds like :doorag:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I want to put this on my bike, and a ZX-14 rider told me that here in VA you can't have it on your bike while riding on the road. Only time to have it on is when it is parked. Is that true??? If it is then I will go with the STEBEL horn mod instead, but would prefer the lights first.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzu...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
I say Do the Horn and when the Wife isnt lookin do the Lights :D
They Will get you pulled ,(on the Road) , But who cares They look cool
I saw all kinds of this type of ligthing up in Ocean City Bike week last year
just dont get caught any other time of year in MD

T-Bone©®™;1337452 said:
I have to ask,,, with all the DAMN threads on them already, why are you questioning this? and seem to need to see/hear a video that WILL NOT reproduce what it actually sounds like?

On top of all that, there must be a minimum of SIX 9's around where you live that have them,,, get out and meet some people,,, and hear it in person if you must,,,

Want to know what it sounds like,,, ever changed lanes in a car without fully looking and have a 40ft delivery truck honk its horn and you almost wreck from swerving back to your original lane,,, THAT'S what a Stebel sounds like :doorag:
Thats What has been Wrong !! i Thought it was just Bigppapa that was Missing ,,,
I missed Ya! you Big Ol bully :a18:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Bone is right - hearing the horn online in a video/audio clip just does not do it justice. I've heard both Rynos and Seapups, and they are just stupid loud. I cant wait until I actually get mine installed

G

·
Bone is right - hearing the horn online in a video/audio clip just does not do it justice. I've heard both Rynos and Seapups, and they are just stupid loud. I cant wait until I actually get mine installed
put one of these horns on my truck...really can't wait to buy everything needed to put on on the 9

as for lights...install all you want...just don't run them when riding or :cop: will surely notice and admire them as you sign hard three copies ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Mack good to see you post I never knew HID lights were illegal. Are you saying if the vehicle didn't come with them stock they are illegal? Of course a lot of high end cars come standard with HID. My buddy upgraded his C14 with HID conversion kits.

Hate to tell you but pretty much anything you do adding additional lighting to your bike is illegal in Va. HID's are illegal, Off color bulbs, Sylvania Silverstars are the only headlights that are legal besides stock. Lizard lights also if they are on the bike they have to work, if the inspector sees them and they are not DOT approved they can hit you for it. Tinted lenses all of it. I'm not saying this to be a prick but I've been a Inspector for 12yrs and I've seen it all some of them I agree with some I don't. The guys in the blue and gray cars can really take it to you if they want too. Be Safe and God speed. Mack

·
Registered
33 Posts
LED's Light Why Aren't They Legal

Yes! It true but the law say be safe and visible. What better way than to be visible is to ride with your led's on. What get me is that I've seen the HD and GW running with their lights on and nothing is said or done. One other point My MC club LOWNWIDERYDAZ were down at bike week at Ocean City and the let use ride around all night with our lights on but want let you ride like that any other time. Just my 2 cents

DEALBREAKER

G

·
Yup plenty loud

want to know? GO to a track auto/autozone/pepboys

they sell another brand of the same damn thing....take it home and just run the wires to your car battery and hear it blast.....just for a second will show ya how loud the damn thing is.....if you don't like it, put it back in the package and take it back for your refund....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can have your LED's but the ones on the forward 1/2 of the bike have to be yellow and the ones on the rear have to be red. No orange blue or anything like that. Emergency vehicles use those colors, so no go in Va. Booda adding the Hid's if they did not come from the factory is illegal. Some OEM's are not exactly legal here. Actually nothing worse than being blinded by improperly installed and aimed HID's you can actually cause an accident. God Speed Mack

1 - 20 of 21 Posts