M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I had to drop out for a bit due to crazy work / school schedule, but figured I'd better get my SN butt back in here before the forum gods sacrificed my SN to the Internet dieties. 

My beloved Blacky has a taken one for the team and I need some help getting it back up to speed.  Hit a pot hole doing about 85 mph on the highway.  The hole was parallel with the road and the tire fell in and clipped the rim.
Thankfully, my Black Beauty is Tanka tough  :super: and the wheel and tire held together.  Which on the positive side, I didn't die that day.   :bigthumbsup: But the result was a nasty, slightly bent rim scar on the side of my wheel.     :edit:

The rim still seals to hold air and I've been rolling on it fine for last few months, so I was hoping someone might know of a reputable place to straighten it out?  If not, does anyone know of someone with a wrecked bike with ok front wheel I might be able to buy off of them?

Any help would be Mucho El Appreciatedo!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Back N Black said:
Hey Guys,

I had to drop out for a bit due to crazy work / school schedule, but figured I'd better get my SN butt back in here before the forum gods sacrificed my SN to the Internet dieties.Â

My beloved Blacky has a taken one for the team and I need some help getting it back up to speed. Hit a pot hole doing about 85 mph on the highway. The hole was parallel with the road and the tire fell in and clipped the rim.
Thankfully, my Black Beauty is Tanka tough :super: and the wheel and tire held together. Which on the positive side, I didn't die that day.  :bigthumbsup: But the result was a nasty, slightly bent rim scar on the side of my wheel.   :edit:

The rim still seals to hold air and I've been rolling on it fine for last few months, so I was hoping someone might know of a reputable place to straighten it out? If not, does anyone know of someone with a wrecked bike with ok front wheel I might be able to buy off of them?

Any help would be Mucho El Appreciatedo!
check with car dealerships they regularly send out repair jobs for cast/aluminum wheels. it runs about $75 a pop but you cannot tell the difference when they get through. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
check to see if you have the tire and wheel hazard clause from your dealer .

·
Registered
666 Posts
also check and see if you have a Wheel Pro up there if not there is one here in Houston we use them all the time and they do great work at a fair price
if cant find anybody you can ship it to me and i can find out whats it going to cost you

let me know if you need more help

kurt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iiomega said:
I have one with only 2000 miles on it. Interested?.Â
How much are you asking for? Honestly, I got so excited about finding a repair place (cheaper) that I didn't think about a "good as used" on any more. :p

Thanks for all the info to everyone else. :bigthumbsup: From what I found there is a "Wheel Pro" in San Antonio as well (which is a little closer than HTX to me. Supposedly, there is a mythological wheel repairer in Austin that does it at one of the dealerships, but no one can ever remember his name or # (so far), so I'm tracking him down. 8)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Back N Black said:
How much are you asking for? Honestly, I got so excited about finding a repair place (cheaper) that I didn't think about a "good as used" on any more.  :p

Thanks for all the info to everyone else.  :bigthumbsup: From what I found there is a "Wheel Pro" in San Antonio as well (which is a little closer than HTX to me. Supposedly, there is a mythological wheel repairer in Austin that does it at one of the dealerships, but no one can ever remember his name or # (so far), so I'm tracking him down. 8)
glad you got some leads on a repair guy. they are good at what they do up here around Dallas and they get plenty of business. One wheel in particuliar is the factory aluminum rims on a Chrysler (dodge?) Sebring. man those things are soft. if you ever see one walk around it and look, you will see multiple flat spots. Friend of mine had one, did not abuse it but I guess the roads need to be pool table smooth not to ding them. She sold it after a couple of the repairs on the rims. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts