• Yes, Rarely

Votes: 30 22.9%
  • Never

Votes: 36 27.5%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget we have it on there. I never use it. If they want it bad enough, 3 of them can load it into a truck!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I removed it to polish the trees and never bothered to put it back on.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I use it regularly. Even at that, I constantly forget it is locked, start the bike up, and have to shut if off to unlock the forks. Best get the Remove before flight streamer out I guess.:D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I used mine once. got my trees chromed and has to lose it. Oh well. If they want it bad enough the steering lock isn't going to stop them.
Mine is sitting in the garage with the key in it right now. The insurance company will pay alot more than anybody else is willing to.:joke:
I forgot to mention the 100 lb lab mix that is sleeping just outside the garage door or maybe just inside the door.:dontknow: His name is Lucky. Do you feel lucky? You will.:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
i did all the time until i got the trees chromed. now i have scorpion 900 alarm just in case.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I started using mine, since a buddy of mine got a drunk f*ck jump on his RocketIII, take it off the stand and ride/roll it down the road for a mini-joyride....before getting off and letting it drop to the ground!!:edit:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use it regularly. Even at that, I constantly forget it is locked, start the bike up, and have to shut if off to unlock the forks. Best get the Remove before flight streamer out I guess.:D
I do that to,all the time,start the bike to let it warm up,get all my gear on,fire up the ipod,then have to shut it down while i then have to unlock the steering lock,then have to spend the rest of the day listening to my mates taking the piss telling me i should leave it locked and just ride round in circles............:mad:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
yup

Kinda hard to steal a 710lb hunk of 9 , when one can't steer it.....

and I put one of these on the front rotor when really want to lock er down. Makes a god awful loud scream, LOL Just a little movement triggers its alarm.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thank God, im not the only one...:redfaced:

·
Registered
147 Posts

and I put one of these on the front rotor when really want to lock er down. Makes a god awful loud scream, LOL Just a little movement triggers its alarm.
I use a disc lock to,but i make sure i have the cord attached to my lever,so i dont scoot off with it still on,A buddy of mine few years back rode off from brighton seafront on his 850TDM and went clean over the bars when the disc lock went full circle and hit the caliper,was the funniest thing iv ever seen,he was ok, bike was a little worse for wear but ok

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

when you put it on correctly.. :joke:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
nope, I have insurance, lol

·
Registered
35 Posts

I use this lock also, although loading it would be possible, it would draw some attrition with this lock screaming. Also if you forget it's there when you take the bike off the side stand it will sure let you know.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
kojack,,,,,,,,,,,I use this lock also, although loading it would be possible, it would draw some attrition with this lock screaming. Also if you forget it's there when you take the bike off the side stand it will sure let you know.

LOL I have done that ONCE and once I tried using the wrong key to disable it. One only has 10 seconds LOL

D ride,,,,,,,,,,,,Smarta$$:joke: was you watching down there???

1 - 20 of 47 Posts