M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone chromed their rims or other parts with these guys in Houston...

I want to chrome rims, final drive hub, brake calipers, handle bar control pods and the levers.

Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No moto their on Bauman...

Atlas Plating
8303 Bauman Rd.

I posted a web link, but it was removed... I guess we are not supposed to do that here... Anyways, do you know another? I was talking to some guys at a private cycle shop, and they told me it can be a 50/50 shoot with the rims. Sometimes they come out perfect, and some times you can't even get them back on the hubs because they chrome the insides...

Any info would be great...

·
Registered
205 Posts
If it's the shop I'm thinking of, they've been around for quite some time. I've never used them, but years ago when I worked at Stubbs Telephone Rd., I had a couple of customers get their sportbike rims chromed and I don't remember then having any issues. I only saw the bikes a couple of times after the chroming, so I cannot attest to how long the chrome lasted or if there were any long term issues with the work.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Any ideas on how much weight that adds to the wheels? Just curious...... :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts