M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Avons are good tires, as are the Dunlop 250 You can also do a Metzeler 260 on the stock rim too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. I was planning on going 250 on the back instead of 240 as the regular size but the mechanic said to stick with the same size for a better performance...True?

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. I was planning on going 250 on the back instead of 240 as the regular size but the mechanic said to stick with the same size for a better performance...True?
Go with the 250. I ran nothing but Dunlop 250s for lots of years. Only switched because I got a good deal on a set of aftermarket rims, now I run a 280. Your mechanic would probably be like "WTF man! Stay with a 240, even on a 10 inch rim"

·
Registered
239 Posts
My factory Dunlops both went to k-rap. I replaced both of them with the Cobra Chromes. I couldn't find a 240 when I needed one so I put on a 250.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I would guess that not 10% of the members on here stay with the stock size on the rear. The 250 doesn't handle any differently, wears longer, and usually costs less. And most of the time it is easier to find. On the front it's a mixed bag, some stay with the stock size (but not the same tire as factory, which wears oddly), a lot change to a 160/60, and some do 140 or 150. The wider tire on the front rides better but does slow handling down a little.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the Dunlop 250 and the Avon 160-60 at front installed on my bike . They both ride great and as a matter of fact, the 160-60 gives me a hell of a better cushion ride than the original front skinny tire so the ride is much more comfortable .

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have my M109R for a few months now as you can tell, and have notices when I change gears or simply ride the bike and do the shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and so on ....kicks in kind of hard...I can hear a strong "click" on the transmission. I was wondering if that is a normal behavior on this motorcycles. Even If Im in Neutral and change it to first gear, I feel a hard kick not too smooth....Is that normal on this bikes??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
I have my M109R for a few months now as you can tell, and have notices when I change gears or simply ride the bike and do the shifts from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and so on ....kicks in kind of hard...I can hear a strong "click" on the transmission. I was wondering if that is a normal behavior on this motorcycles. Even If Im in Neutral and change it to first gear, I feel a hard kick not too smooth....Is that normal on this bikes??
Is it just the sound or do you feel something? You can normally hear the shifter engage the gears, but if it is jerking when you shift it, you probably have too much slack in your clutch cable. It shouldn't jerk when you go from 1st to 2nd or any of the others, but they do sometimes jerk a little when shifting from neutral to 1st.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agree with using Pete's Superbike or Fortnine in Canada. I've used both. I did have to complain to Fortnine when I got my new Africa Twin Tires as they were brand new new but date stamp showed 3 years old. Perfectly useable tire and never been mounted etc, but I got a store credit as a result. I bought New, I wanted New.

Reactions: Joe RC51
21 - 30 of 30 Posts