M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across Gator Skin Thermals. http://www.gator-skins.com/

It would cost about $150 for an entire set up. The reviews on their site seem pretty good, but I was wondering if anyone on here could provide an unbias review. I found one thread where Square Rounder gave a good review.....anyone else try them?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I will repeat the endorsement here. I did not bother with the shirt as under my leather, there is little wind for them to block.

I just have the pants. I wear them under jeans and can ride in some darn cold teps and be quite good.

I got them at a bike show where they had a booth for $25 and they are easily worth well more than I paid for them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I wish I could find them cheaper than $50. I would get them with no questions asked.

How do the pants fit. Are they long? I am 6'2" and find that most thermals are not long enough, they eventually creep up my shins.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks, I wish I could find them cheaper than $50. I would get them with no questions asked.

How do the pants fit. Are they long? I am 6'2" and find that most thermals are not long enough, they eventually creep up my shins.
I would pay $50 if I ever needed to replace them. They are that good.

The best part is they are no thicker than normal thermals, so if you end up inside for a while, it is not like you are sweating your a$$ off like you were wearing ski pants in.

As for creeping up, I am only 5'9" and they tuck into my boot nicely, so I never have that kind of problem with any thermals.

Look for local shows and watch for them to set up a booth. You can see and feel them and they will make some crazy deals.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I want to keep A Eye On this Thread , :pop:

I missed the Other Thread ,,
The other thread was on thermals generally.

If I recall, I was the only one who even mentioned the Gator Skin.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Thanks SR !
I just Checked the outlets in Virgina ,and theres only one!?!?
I am Curious , what does the fabric feel like ?

I have to order all my clothes online, no stores stock pants that Fit ,Im a freak of nature ???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks SR !
I just Checked the outlets in Virgina ,and theres only one!?!?
I am Curious , what does the fabric feel like ?

I have to order all my clothes online, no stores stock pants that Fit ,Im a freak of nature ???
Inside they are thermals, so they feel like any other thermal you have.

Outside, well, the best way I can describe it is, think of taking a pair of thermals and lightly spraying them with the undercoat stuff you can buy in a can. It is like a very thin rubbery layer on the thermals. Not so much that it restricts the movement of the fabric, but enough that it blocks wind from coming through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts