M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished clearing so I have not had a chance to wet sand or buff yet. I took it outside to gets some better pictures of the flake in this. Kandy tangerine with sliver, charcoal, black (with large orange flake and silver pearl over the whole thing. I love it in the sunlight but there are some reflections in the pictures. It looks awesome in person, still not getting good results from my camera.

Before you say anything, they didn't pay for the tank seam removal! :shock:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
That's the burnt orange look of the Go Mango Orange that I was talking about.

I think it's sweet looking.. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Awesome work. I would love to have a custom paint job but I would be too worried I would scratch it or chip it. As it is now I don't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toneout said:
Awesome work. I would love to have a custom paint job but I would be too worried I would scratch it or chip it. As it is now I don't worry about it too much.Â
That isn't a problem. I think that is how multi layer graphics came about. Takes care of those little nicks and adds something cool at the same time. You just have to stay on good terms with your painter so he will give you the paint codes or mix that he used.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
vtxoak said:
Before you say anything, they didn't pay for the tank seam removal! :shock:
Sweet color. I love it. BTW, how much does it usually cost to remove the tank seam? Also, what is involved in the removal? Is it basically just a matter of grinding it down?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Medic1210 said:
Sweet color. I love it. BTW, how much does it usually cost to remove the tank seam? Also, what is involved in the removal? Is it basically just a matter of grinding it down?
I am doing 3 right now for vtx sets. I don't like to grind it down. I roll the vtx seam up and use a metal type of filler. If you look at my vtx you can see how it changes the look. When you roll it up it gives it a stretched look. I also seal each tank so it comes out to $250. The only issue with the 109 is the side covers meet up with the tank. I didn't remove mine when I painted it because I wanted to get it out on the street and can always go back and do it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
taijiman said:
Where do you live? The paint is out of this world.
I am in Tampa but also may be adding another 109 to the stable and using it for my custom paint exchange program. I will be able to customize the bike like I want and use the stock paint set so that I can prepaint for other 109 owners and shorten the down time plus I can use the bike to tie the graphics together like I did on the other 109.

So for the guys who have been sending me messages, this may make things alot easier for everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts