M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little frustrated with some Vrod owners at bike night. Talked some shit on the Vrod forums. Looks like I'll be racing a stock Vrod this weekend at Moroso!
I can drag the rockets with ease but if I don't spank this Vrod I'm gonna be eating some serious crow. Lot harder to do it on this bike with pegs up front. Wish me luck. Man those HD guys get worked into a frenzy easy. Had about 200 responses to my challenge in like 1 hour. I hope they are as ignorant at dragging as their about their bikes and the 109! OMG they are so annoying, I MUST CRUSH THE VROD!!!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i don"t see a problem especially if ya got the jsd-3m mod. good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just dropped my buddy off at HD in pompano to pick up the 4th HD he has owned that does not run...

Took a look at a couple of V-Rods while there. Those bikes look half the size as the M109.....I'm glad I bought the Zuki. Might want to throw in that JSD unit first.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm from Mobile, alabama and two weeks ago I got challenged by a v-rod. The first race we both burnt our tires to the point we give up. The second time was from a rolling go. first gear no throttle. we were even first and second, 3,4,and 5 he saw my fat tire!!!!!!!!!! When I pulled into a gas station he rode on by and have'nt seen him since!!!!!!!!!! what a loser. My silver bullet is bad a$$ !

·
Registered
752 Posts
Seriously, better have the JSD mod on there. I have seen some fast numbers on the rod. His ignition isn't retarded and yours is.

·
Registered
209 Posts
True that if your gonna talk smack make sure your bike is prepared to go into a dog fight. You dont want to loose that race and have to listen to all the crap they will talk.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good luck with the drag brother.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You could pop your intakes, pull your filters out and then put them back on. Won't be great for your engine but will be great for your race.

That and the JSD should do it.

In the magazines I have seen between 11.3 and 12.4 on the V-Rod. I have only seen one magazine test ours and it got 11.6.

G

·
Yes,,I caught up with a rod..and nodded to run -em...we ran up to 3 rd and I was ahead by only a bike lenght or so....it was pretty close...At the next light I wanted to run -em again,,and he ddint want any more...but it was pretty close.... ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maybe after the race you can invite some other 109 owners for a pig roast.....er I mean hog roast. Good luck bro....smoke em good! :doorag:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, those VRodders get worked up pretty quick...I think its because they feel neglected because other Harley owners dont view the VRods as true Harleys...anyway, good luck with the race.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you relax and do not burn to much tire coming out of the hole you will bit him by four bikes distance or more like I did a few days ago on a little country road in the middle of nowhere on my way to New Smyrna Beach, Fl. The Vrod I raced had a nice set of Pipes because it was very loud. :D I'm still looking for the guy. I stopped in a gas station and he keep going. :a18: Don't forget to have about a gallon of gas in the tank only. To me the Vrod is a nice bike too. I just happened to be on the right traffic light at the right time. :bigthumbsup: You will win. Just practice your take off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK. It's like this. I came off of an 04 Warrior, and my friend has an 03 V-Rod with Screamin Eagle pipes. He would consistantly kill the Warrior with out even really trying. Then I got the Silver Bullet 109'r. With about 275 miles on it he keep taunting me. Finally at one light while doing about 25 he kept looking over and it was go time. Even though in the break-in period I figured I have to know. Well I am not sure what gear he was in but I was in second and we took off. Immediately I pulled about 1 to 2 bike lenghts ahead of him, and that was all she wrote he could never recover. I shut it down at about 100 to 105. I do belive with the right driver, and shifting 109 is a bit faster than the V-Rod. My friend even thinks that the 109 may be a bit faster, and he loves his V-Rod. Just when you think you got the fastest on the block, Suzuki came out with this beauty. I am also one of the guys that was going to buy a flat black Night-Rod. Saved myself about 5 G's and will never look back, except to watch my friend trying to catch me :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
J R said:
I PMed you but best thing you can do is start doing a google search and read some stuff on it .Id have to write a book on it here and its not the place.Ill be happy to talk with you on the phone.Its in a nutshell adding oxy to the engine like nitrous oxegenated fuels ect. But with oxy you need to add fuel aslo :bigthumbsup: But it works its what the Top fuel dragsters run
You could throw in a tank full of VP Ultimate 4 fuel - good for about 7 RWHP on the sportbikes that I've owned. Just another way to run an oxygenated fuel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey J R, I didn't get all that. Would you mind repeating it?? :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is my take on the matter if both bikes are stock: The 109 will get the V-Rod off the line (due to geometry differences), but the V-Rod will start to gain at higher speeds (due to better power to weight ratio).

I posted a thread earlier about a power cruiser test in a swedish bike mag. In that test the M109 did 0-62 mph in 3.7 s, the Harley NightRod did it in 4.0 s. The M109 did 62-124 mph (100-200 km/h) in 12.6 s and the Night Rod did it in 11.5 s.

This is only one test so it shouldn't be viewed as "THE truth", but it makes sense to me.

By the way, the M109 made 114.7 hp and the Night Rod made "only" 114.6 hp. :D

If anyone is interested: The Honda VTX1800 did 0-180 km/h in 18.7 s, and the M109 did it in 11.4 s. That's a BIG difference. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts