M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 109ers, Have had my 109 for 4weeks now if it dosent stop raining soon ill go insane. could not love my 109 more the only thing i dont like is the headlight not to insult those who do, just a personal preference. Ive read posts by people who feel the same about the head light but as yet have not heard of anyone replacing it. Saw a photoshop pic of one with a chrome headlight on,this is what im looking to do if anyone out there has seen or heard of a step by step procedure of how to would be greatly appreciated. Had it up to 130

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just out of curiosity.....Why would you want to make your bike look like the rest of thousands of bikes out there. Might as well gotten a VTX or something.
I know everyone tastes are different but it just hurts me when i hear people wanting to change a design on the bike that makes it stand out in the huge crowd of look alike cruisers. But then again to each its own.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant get a fatter stock bike for the money which is what i like but never been able to afford in a hd, till the 109 came out . love everything about the 109 except the headlight. Dont really care much about what other people have just know what i like.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If I see another "have you changed the headlight yet?" thread, I'm going to scream. :yikes:

The answer is NO, no one has changed their headlight. If we'da wanted a me-too-HD-wannabe-1950s-art-deco-retro-knockoff cruiser, we'da bought one.

The photoshop of the chrome headlight looks stupid. Just my personal preference. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't like the headlight at first either but i was acquainting it with the Vulcan 2000s (which i still don't like). Once i actually looked at the bike i realized it was pretty cool and holy h*ll is it bright, i actualy think its brights have more coverage than my car.

Jeff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh and the wind buffering from the head light is awsome. I've ridded 1000 miles in a day on my 600cc hoda cruiser and between the buzzing engine and felling like a kite in the wind I can't tell you how excited i was to experience almost no wind resistance at cruising speed.

That is all,
Jeff

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
If you don't like it, change it. I don't know of any here that have but it shouldn't be a big deal. Just buy the headlight you like and make it work. You may have to move a few things but that's part of customizing. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would do the job myself but without a step by step i wouldnt even attempt it for im not a mechanic.I have suzuki looking into it for me but im hitting a brick wall they dont seem to want my money.I would rather leave it as is then to ruin it without a step by step.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ted said:
I would do the job myself but without a step by step i wouldnt even attempt it for im not a mechanic.I have suzuki looking into it for me but im hitting a brick wall they dont seem to want my money.I would rather leave it as is then to ruin it without a step by step.
Where you located at? There are several talented members here that I'm sure would be happy to help you get what you're after...especially if you're offering them your money. :bigthumbsup: (food and beer works sometimes too)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The headlight is part of the look that stopped me dead in my tracks at the dealership the first time I saw my 109...and that sounds like the start of a love story, don't it? :read: :p

·
Registered
817 Posts
ted said:
I have suzuki looking into it for me but im hitting a brick wall they dont seem to want my money.
Wow... you meant to tell me the factory refuses to fabricate a totally custom, one-of-a-kind mod just for you?

What a shame. ::)

G

·
I am thinking of it, but first I need to find a light assembly that I like. When I have found a light I will pull the assembly from my 09 and go from there. You need to know there are alot of wires and different lines covered by the nacelle assembly that will need to be moved elsewhere. Keep in touch.

oldfart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im in tn not looking for a total mod just want a regular chrome headlight in place thats it. have suzukis
service dept looking in to it but dosent look as though they want deal with it.i want it done right.email me if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Headlights are an easy mod. I would take it to your local custom shop if you are not comfortable. Just ask what their hourly rates are and shop around. I have a fairly inexpensive shop down the road that bills 54.00 per hour. They specialize in HD but work all bikes and do a pretty good job.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah that's also an idea. There's a local shop here and some boys I know that can fabricate stuff, too. I'm just about 9 miles shy of the TN/AL line on highway 231....we should ride if you're close enough. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts