M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the rear fender/tail light, not in straight line with center of rear tire? Was behind a 109 today (about 100' or so) and notice that. Its just very little offset on way. I really can't remember which maybe to the left of bike. And then again could be just the angle of the road. Dunno what pipes he had but it was loud as some of the loudest HD I heard. And he
was riding the crap out of that thing..I have to go to dealer Saturday I will look at one of those.

Oh going to dealer and taking wife if all goes well I will be buying a 109 soon. She is tired of the sportbike stuff, had CBR1100XX then Busa..time to slow it down a notch. But she is
pretty set on Goldwing :(
She even hates my DRZ400S......imagine that

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if you plan on slowing it down a notch, this is not the bike for you!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
she would love them all if she could ride them! I traded an 03' Honda VT 1100 Sabre for the M109R and have had it now for a month and almost 1k miles. The Sabre got me into the cruiser thing and I did not want to go big at first just in case I did not like the ride. I found it very comfy so I started looking for bigger bikes after a year. I am glad I waited till the M109R hit. I still have my ZRX 1100 Kaw a 99' model and it does me for the slice/dice/burn thing. It ain't as uncomfortable as a rocket bike since it has like dirt bike bars on it and slightly lower pegs but it ain't as comfy as the M109R. stock hp was 100 and like 72 ft lbs of torque so a pipe/jet kit/ZX 11 cams binged it to 130hp and 80 ft lbs of torque. The 109 has like locomotive thrust compared to the ZRX and will just grunt when you roll it on in any gear or speed. makes the ZRX feel peaky! I still want a little more, the JSD-3M was the first mod and then the pipe mod. still waiting on good aftermarket 2-1 pipe and big air kit along with some FI changes. the 109 cleans up real nice with the rear mudflap removed and a personal mod for the license plate bracket and smaller signal lights front and rear. Go ahead, jump in it's fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts