M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good post. Those look like they might be pretty good and not too expensive either. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that's wicked!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks Devilish if I'm going to make the switch to a full face this will be the one it really looks cool and received a great write up from those guys in the link.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Outstanding :bigthumbsup:...now if they only did a Silver AirForce model ... :bigthumbsup:

Good luck with that dealership

Devilish

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Anyone Need a Awesome Helment?

OK Dealership is set up!

Let me know what sizes if any guys are interested as I have an order shipping out today. They also have a maplight in the front of the helmet and a lithium ion rechargeable battery built in which lasts for 15 hours of use.
The V1 F14 Ghost Rider is $279.99 and I can offer to M109Riders.com members free shipping PLUS a free Helmet Speakers kit to hook up your iPod etc. :bigthumbsup:
The Ghost Rider graphics are available in Gloss as shown in webbikeworld article or Matte finish. I will post photos later today when they send them to me.

akuma_F14_side
akuma-_F14

F14_led-exhaust-lights

There is also a Werewolf graphic for the same helmet. This also has the lights in the rear plus Maplight.
wwtfront8nv
wwfside0bh

wwbside9ze
wwback3vp

WW Side_Back
WW Side1

WW
V1 WW

Also the helmet comes with a Clear Visor but has the option of a Smoke ($35), Iridium ($40) or PHOTOCHROMATIC ( $75). The photochromatic Visor are clear then tint to Smoke or Dark Blue depending on what is ordered. This is currently the only helmet in the world with a photochromatic visor.

Visors will be available in December and specs are
Smoke - 40% - so it blocks 60% of the sunlight
Iridium - 50% - so it blocks 50% of the sunlight
Photochromic - 55% - so it blocks 45% of the sunlight

They also have a modular flip helmet with outer clear shield PLUS dark iridium internal shield that drops with lever mechanism.
fp

Can't wait to get these babies in! They are almost sold out of their production run so I have taken a decent shipment in, so if you are interested, order soon and get it as an early Xmas present! I think it will be my 50th :bigthumbsup:Birthday present to myself which is on the 11th!

I will have them up on my websites in a couple of days.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The V1 F14 Ghost Rider is $279.99 and I can offer to M109Riders.com members free shipping PLUS a free Helmet Speakers kit to hook up your iPod etc.

Hi Helmet Town I might be confused but doesn't the Ghost Rider come with the dark visor as in the pic? That's the one I want and also what is the best way to figure out your size melon?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: Anyone Need a Awesome Helmet?

All helmets have to come with a clear visor. Other visors are then offered as options. Webbikeworld took the photos of the helmet with an iridium visor as shown. (modified - the photo shown was the SMOKE visor not the iridium)

These helmets are available in sizes Small to XXXL

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
are they sized like an Arai? I like the looks and convenience of the one with the built in internal sunvisor but would like more info on sizing. thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts

HelmetTown said:
All helmets have to come with a clear visor. Other visors are then offered as options. Webbikeworld took the photos of the helmet with an iridium visor as shown.

These helmets are available in sizes Small to XXXL
Hey HT I received your PM & I will try and measure my bulbous cranium this weekend and also try and stop by a bike shop and try on some Bells for fit. Please keep me in mind for the F14 helmet with clear lens, iridium lens and your offer of speaker hook ups for the IPOD. That's a great deal. I'll get back with ya soon!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts

steve j said:
are they sized like an Arai? I like the looks and convenience of the one with the built in internal sunvisor but would like more info on sizing. thanks.
In the webbikeworld article this is what they said:
Internal Shape and Fit
The V-1 seems to have a "neutral" fit; by that I mean that it should fit both long oval and round shaped heads, and, believe it or not, Rick claims that it painlessly fits that size XL light bulb between his shoulders without pain, albeit rather snugly. A neutral fit isn't as easy to accomplish as you'd think, because many of the big-name helmet manufacturers seem to get it wrong, falling on one or the other tail of the normal distribution (aka The "bell" shaped curve), rather than within the one Sigma portion of the curve.

The V-1 in large seems to run true to size; that is, it fits just about how I would expect a size large to fit. I do think the chin bar and maybe the inside of the visor are just a touch shorter than normal; there's enough room for my nose and chin but it's a tiny bit crowded and the back of the visor tends to steam up just a bit more than I'd like.

The V-1's liner is removable and it's comfortable. I'd say it's about average for the breed, maybe comparable to the HJC CL-14 or the HJC CL-SP. The Coolmax fabric liner is also designed to wick away moisture, although I always wear a helmet liner anyway.

For more information on choosing and fitting a motorcycle helmet, make sure you take a look at the wBW Motorcycle Helmet FAQ page, http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-faq.htm which also includes a discussion on head shapes.Â

Helmet Weight
Our size large V-1 weighs in at 1591 grams (3 lbs., 8-1/8 oz.), which compares very favorably with, for example, the size large KBC VR-1 at 1616 grams and the old OGK FF-3 at 1623 grams. The FF-3 was considered to be one of the lightest helmets available back when it was new, about 4 years ago.

So the Akuma helmet is surprisingly light in weight, especially considering the added mass of the rechargeable battery, wiring and LED lights in the exhaust vents.Â

1 - 20 of 29 Posts