M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking to have some work done on my 109 along the lines of cams, porting polishing heads, and the like. Anyone know of a reputable speed shop in or around the DFW area that can actually pull this kind of stuff off? I don't want just anyone touching my baby and I want to make sure everything is done PERFECT.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!!

Brian

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you might post the same question on the Texas board on this site. I live close to Ft Worth but am new to this part of texas as far as knowing good machine shops. Good idea to find a good one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
may want to call metric Tec in Mckinney, they do some really good work, also have a dyno. at any rate they could probably give you a name and number of people that do the type of work you are looking for.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help fellows. I've never been very lucky with having work done to any of my cars, so I REALLY want to be careful who I let work on my bike. I don't want anything too extreme, but I'd like to hit at least 135 rwhp.

There's a shop not too far from me called Sabin Performance, I've heard they do pretty good work, but I emailed them sometime back and never got any response.

http://sabinperformance.com

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd be really grateful for the assistance. Thanks!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sabin is definitly the place you want to go. i know one of the guys who works there. he goes by "WIP" on the www.rswarrior.com forum, you might want to PM him or email him. I am going to have them install my NOS when i get the funds set up. they also have a Dyno. from what i hear they do excellent work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again.  I've already got my PCIII installed, and I am about to depart on bottlefeds intake mod, although I plan on using K&N filters with the velocity stack.  I haven't the first clue on how to attempt the "jr exhaust" and I am pretty sure I am not mechanically inclined enough to do that. I think that would be a good exhaust, but I think I might wait until a major manufacturer releases something really sweet, hopefully it won't be too long.  

I'll get the airkit done and then get a good advanced map over @ Sabin and see where I am at and then go from there. 

Thanks to all. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts