M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to ride one, unfortunately dealers won't let people test ride the Max. All that power has got to be a hoot, though they don't look nearly as comfortable as the 9...only a test ride would tell the tale, but that ain't gonna happen unless you know someone who has one. Anybody in this forum got one?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I'd love to ride one, unfortunately dealers won't let people test ride the Max. All that power has got to be a hoot, though they don't look nearly as comfortable as the 9...only a test ride would tell the tale, but that ain't gonna happen unless you know someone who has one. Anybody in this forum got one?
I was all over it until I saw the price.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Not interested in the VMax, but I'm SO stoked that Honda is releasing the CB1000R here in the States!! I've had a hard on for this bike since I saw the first pics a few years back, and jizzed in my pants when I found out it was coming Stateside (previously was a European model). This bike is the sex - going tomorrow to put a deposit down while the wife is out of town and cant stop me!!

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
Not interested in the VMax, but I'm SO stoked that Honda is releasing the CB1000R here in the States!! I've had a hard on for this bike since I saw the first pics a few years back, and jizzed in my pants when I found out it was coming Stateside (previously was a European model). This bike is the sex - going tomorrow to put a deposit down while the wife is out of town and cant stop me!!

Sometimes that aftermath rath can be even more. :eek:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Agreed....that price is just too high (especially when the B-king which equals it in performance is just over half the price)

But yes.....I bet that thing is just a MONSTER to ride.
I'd LOVE to twist the throttle back on one!!! :evil:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/roadtests/122_0903_suzuki_b_king_vs_star_v_max/index.html

and

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/8/2908/Motorcycle-Article/2008-Suzuki-B-King-vs-2009-Star-VMAX.aspx
Getting off the V-Max, the B-King is a joy to ride at the strip, mostly because it acts more like a big, fast motorcycle should when you pull the trigger. "The front gets light under heavy throttle," says Thomason, "but you can get your weight on top of it to help hold the wheel down. Catch third gear just right and the front end comes up. The Suzuki's clutch makes launching a bit easier, and all it takes is a blip of throttle between gears to make it shift. The transmission is way better. But weight is the biggest difference, along with a shorter wheelbase that shifts weight to the rear wheel for better grip at the start."

The B-King likes the same quick hand on the clutch, but more grip and less torque right off the bottom let Gene come off the line at 5000 rpm. Bottom line? Punting a 700-lb. motorcycle down the quarter-mile takes a balance of power and traction. The V-Max has plenty of the former, but on this track, on this day, it couldn't come up with enough of the latter, managing a 10.41-second best at 137.4 mph to the 'King's 10.13 at 139.31. More grip would likely shave upward of a half-second off those times, but it wouldn't change the order: Suzuki's B-King still rules the strip.

Yup, as i thought LOL

·
Registered
735 Posts

I dont wanna be a threadjacker but i couldnt resist after what diggy33 said.

But both bikes are quick and have their own unique look to them

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Not my thing. That looks like an alien that never fully developed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yamaha does offer test rides on its demo fleet. Look up their schedule early next year. Around here they come around for a whole weekend. Also 4-5 v max to test ride at motogp indianapolis, at least a couple years ago. Price is around goldwing, BMW and harley Glides. I like the whole shaft drive thing so i like the bike. The 100 mile tank is a bit of a disappointment though.

That Cb1000r is a nice looking bike. Love the single swing arm. A halfway comfortable Cbr1000rr plus you get to see the engine. Reviews I've read from the brits is that it is a bit dull in the character dept. Honda smoothness sometimes too smooth.
The newest Z1000 is a pretty sweet bike too. Make a faired version if you have touring in mind. Engine has that kawasaki rawness.
I just got a 2010 griso. Not really a sport bike nor a cruiser. A cool looking roadster. A torquey engine with character plus shaft drive. Around $13k. Kind of fits the middle road between cruisers and sport bikes.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
LOL! Thats the only Jizzin you'll be doing after your wife finds out what you did without telling her :eek:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Saw a brand new one on the road at Thunder Beach this year. I personally do not like the way they look, but my b/f was salivating over the sound it had while running. He said it sounded like a top fuel whatever.

I think it is pretty hideous looking myself.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
The local Suzuki shop had one last year, and I contemplated trading the Nine for it. It felt really great sitting on it, and the price was $11,500, with a little over 500 miles showing. Apparently some cat had bought it as his first bike.:eek: And quickly realized, before he killed himself, that it was too much bike for him. Traded it in for, if I recall, a GS500. Good move on his part safety wise, but he sure took a killing on the price.

Only reason I did not go through with this is that at the time I had been unemployed for 11 months, and the prospects of finding a job were pretty slim. When I finally did land a job the following month, the MAX was gone.:'(

So I decided just to keep the Nine and do some good mods. Cobra Tri-Pro pipe, Big Air intake, Corbin Smuggler, Low & Mean chrome chin spoiler, Auto Meter Pro Cycle 5" tach (maybe, still undecided on this one).

But if another Max were to show up for a good price, bye-bye Nine. Because I absolutely love the way it looks runs, and the seating position is more normal with your feet under you rather than way out in front of you. The seating position on the Nine is okay until you have to move, than fughetaboutit.

I am not brand loyal to anyone company, they all make good bikes, even H.D. I'll just never pay the price for an H.D., Beemer, Duck, or any over-priced Japanese stuff.

That Cb1000R above, just like the B-King, makes me want to toss my lunch. Gag reflex workin overtime here. ;-)

·
Registered
91 Posts
only thing that made me turn away from getting the VMAX was its milage. 24 miles to the gallon wasnt helping at all lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
And what about this?
Ducati Diavel. 162hp...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts