M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard, or is there an update on the Thunder Mfg air filter mod. Thanks in advance.

Reed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The final cutting paths are being completed for the cnc now. Dave and his family are on vacation for the next week or so, the shop is closed until the week after next. We should have product rolling out by the end of july, beginning of august. First cuts will be out in July for myself, Lamont and a couple of other bikes, when we get the final confirmation that it does what Thunder Says, they will start to ship.

Thunder has always been about the numbers and not the look so much. So it is important that it is RIGHT!

RAW_TAZ

PS Please don't bolt a filter onto the intake tube. These guys that are doing that make us all look stupid.

·
Registered
752 Posts
raw_taz said:
PS Please don't bolt a filter onto the intake tube. These guys that are doing that make us all look stupid.Â
Raw, be cool buddy.

I might not like the look of your ostrich hide but I have been nothing but respectful of your pride in it, return the favor. What makes us look stupid is calling each other names and ripping on each others stuff I was one of the first guys to do the intake mod and everyone likes the way it looks and it does pull down way more air. It's a temp thing and I plan on replacing it with the tornado when it's available.

You have no idea what I make or what my IQ is or if I am a jerk or the nicest guy in the whole world so saying that I am making us all look stupid is short sighted and seems to not go with your character.

Just be cool man. It a good way to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nobody has the same taste. This site is great BECAUSE of the diversity in taste. I for one enjoy looking at all the great mods people are doing so I can decide which ones I like. Bottom line is be nice, its so easy to do and its free.

Ed

·
Registered
752 Posts
J R said:
Hey whatever happened to that dude on here that put the nitrous on his bike??? did he ever run it or dyno it or race whatever? whats up with the home made dry shot???? Ya know I just gotta know this stuff :D :D :D
He hasn't posted any dyno numbers. His alias is botlfed. He has sold his airfilters and is selling his tires. I am really curious as to what his numbers are too. I want to see what the nitrous does and how his bike holds up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
L-Train said:
Raw, be cool buddy.Â

I might not like the look of your ostrich hide but I have been nothing but respectful of your pride in it, return the favor. What makes us look stupid is calling each other names and ripping on each others stuff I was one of the first guys to do the intake mod and everyone likes the way it looks and it does pull down way more air. It's a temp thing and I plan on replacing it with the tornado when it's available.

You have no idea what I make or what my IQ is or if I am a jerk or the nicest guy in the whole world so saying that I am making us all look stupid is short sighted and seems to not go with your character.

Just be cool man. It a good way to be.
Hey L-Train,

No disrespect at all, I just know that this bike has all eyes on it right now. We were just in Holister CA and there is ride there on the 4th over 10000 bikes and the 109r stops people in their tracks I watched it happen for two days. I'd like to think that we all bought this bike because it was superior not cheaper and that the owners of this bike would put the extra effort in to maintain a superior bike to others on the street.

Stupid was the wrong word or concept. Maybe not as refined is a better way to make my point. If the mod works for you than it works for me.

PS I try to be a cool as I can but the TAZ comes out every now and then and he just needs a little jerk on his chain to bring him back to reality.

I aplogize if I offened. We are working on getting this airkits completed and they will be the mod to have.

·
Registered
752 Posts
raw_taz said:
Hey L-Train,

No disrespect at all, I just know that this bike has all eyes on it right now. We were just in Holister CA and there is ride there on the 4th over 10000 bikes and the 109r stops people in their tracks I watched it happen for two days. I'd like to think that we all bought this bike because it was superior not cheaper and that the owners of this bike would put the extra effort in to maintain a superior bike to others on the street.Â

Stupid was the wrong word or concept. Maybe not as refined is a better way to make my point. If the mod works for you than it works for me.

PS I try to be a cool as I can but the TAZ comes out every now and then and he just needs a little jerk on his chain to bring him back to reality.

I aplogize if I offened. We are working on getting this airkits completed and they will be the mod to have.
I understand. Thanks for the clarification. I know your cool, that's why I reminded you. :joke: Mine doesn't look half bad, people like them. I also know that the tornado will look much better and I am on their list for a set of first runs.

Thanks and have fun in your travels. :doorag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts