M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys & gals!
Anyone having long term or short term issues with their Garmin Nuvi GPS after mounting on your 9, due to vibration? I have a Garmin Nuvi 1350 that I want to mount on the center of my bars. I know my nuvi is not specific to motorcycle applications, but I wanted to get some feedback from my fellow 9'ers who are currently mounting Automotive application GPS units on their 9's. Thank you in advance for your replies and Merry Christmas. Please ride safe!!:bigthumbsup:

mrhp

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
You should have no problems. The real problems from vibration was older models that held a hard drive. All of the newer ones run off sd cards and memory so it will be no problem.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a garmin nuvi that i use for work, i doubt that there will be a issue with vibration, imo i believe the issue will come down to visablitly in bright sunlight. I know mine is hard to see when its bright out..

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have a garmin nuvi that i use for work, i doubt that there will be a issue with vibration, imo i believe the issue will come down to visablitly in bright sunlight. I know mine is hard to see when its bright out..
:agree::agree:and :agree:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I've used my Nuvi on my bike for a long time and it has no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I must be the exception then, I used a Nuvi 205W for about a year and a half before it went white on me. Rode about 15K miles with it on the bike and twice that in the truck before it quit tho. Just replaced it with another Nuvi.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I had a Nuvi 200 that I used on the bike for almost 3 years with no problems. Early this year I got a Nuvi 465T and so far it's doing well too. Both of mine were on fairly rigid mounts and I never noticed they vibrated that much.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Santa is bringing me a Nuvi 755t. I plan on putting it on the bike. There are a lot of guys running them with no issues that I know of.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Santa is bringing me a Nuvi 755t. I plan on putting it on the bike. There are a lot of guys running them with no issues that I know of.
I said mine was a 465T, which didn't sound right. I just checked and it's a 765T. I got it because it will do routing. I think the 755 will too. Most of the newer models won't.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I said mine was a 465T, which didn't sound right. I just checked and it's a 765T. I got it because it will do routing. I think the 755 will too. Most of the newer models won't.
Yours has blue tooth mine won't. That is the onlt difference from the 755t to the 765t.

Physical & Performance:

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.8"W x 3.0"H x .8"D (12.2 x 7.6 x 2.0 cm) Display size, WxH: 3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm) Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight Weight: 6.48 ounces (183.8 g) Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion Battery life: up to 3 hours Waterproof: no High-sensitivity receiver: yes Maps & Memory:

Basemap: yes Preloaded street maps: yes Includes lifetime map updates: no Ability to add maps: yes Built-in memory: internal solid state Accepts data cards: SD™ card (not included) Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000 Routes: 10 Features:

Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal speaker) Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): yes Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands): no Lane assist (guides you to the proper lane for navigation): yes (with junction view) trafficTrends™ (calculates routes based on predicted traffic flow): no myTrends™ (predicts routes based on user's navigation behavior): no 3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D): yes Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): yes Auto re-route (fast off-route and detour recalculation): yes Choice of route setup (faster time, shorter distance, off road): yes Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes Bluetooth® wireless technology: no Garmin nüLink! Services: (receive accurate real-time travel information): no FM traffic compatible: yes (receiver and lifetime traffic included) XM® compatible for U.S: no Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): yes Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes Garmin Locate™ (marks position when removed from windshield mount): yes ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route) : yes Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device): yes Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device): yes Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator: yes Picture viewer: yes MP3 player: yes Audio book player: yes FM transmitter: yes Headphone jack/audio line-out: yes Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): yes Touchscreen: yes Motorcycle-friendly: no Trucking-friendly: no Geocaching-friendly: no Marine-friendly: no Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Did you get the mapping software Zoom? If you need it let me know and I can tell you how to get the Mapsource software for free.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the 765t on ZOOM's recommendation and I love it . I use the bluetooth to link to my helmet or jack in with ear buds. I can play MP3s from a memory card.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Did you get the mapping software Zoom? If you need it let me know and I can tell you how to get the Mapsource software for free.
When you buy any Garmin product they give you one free map update. When I bought it last June the latest version was 2011 but I don't recall which revision it was. They offer you their lifetime updates at a discount when you buy it too, but I usually swap them every couple years and don't update in between.

PM me on where you get the software for that great price. :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
When you buy any Garmin product they give you one free map update. When I bought it last June the latest version was 2011 but I don't recall which revision it was. They offer you their lifetime updates at a discount when you buy it too, but I usually swap them every couple years and don't update in between.

PM me on where you get the software for that great price. :D
It is the software to create routes not the Maps it's self. I'll PM you the details.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts