M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing that when I'm stopped at a redlight and I put the bike in neutral and let off the clutch lever that the clutch makes a much different sound than when the tranny stays in gear.

Anyone else notice this??? Am I looking to have a catastrophic clutch failure??

mania

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a different sound between clutch in and clutch out in neutral but I'm not sure that equals a clutch problem?

·
Registered
292 Posts
pay no mind to them.........there is nothing wrong with you.......give it a couple thousand miles.......if its still doing it you'll know.....
simper fi

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ppridgen1 said:
no but if you go and look in the mirror you might find a moron, :joke:,Of coarse it'll make a different noise your turninge the gear packs but they aren't engaged
I looked and all I found was a stupid looking monkey. Oh, and by-the-way, I know that today is a solemn day but my grandmother (my mom's mom) turned 102 today !!! And she gets around like an 80 year old. Just visited her this weekend and didn't get to post much here... sorry guys. I'll try to make up for it somehow.

Ride safe & be healthy,

mania

·
Registered
906 Posts
Switching oil to a 100% Synthetic, such as AMSOIL Product Code MCF will noticeably help the noise but not eliminate it totally.

Almost every 109 owner I have dealt with has reported this difference.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have never owned a bike where the clutch didn't rattle when engaged in neutral. So I'm sure it's nothing to be concerned about. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Put a set of Cobra Dragsters on it. Ya won't even notice it then! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts