M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some stuff over a week and a half ago. I had an event last weekend so I ordered on line and did next day delivery. They never showed so I called in. After trying 7 times all I could manage to achieve was voicemail hell and when it came time to leave a message it would cut me off. So I was unable to talk or leave a voicemail. So I emailed. Still no response. I too am in the retail business and deal with over 200 emails a day not to mention support 7 boards and run the business and still build engines during the day. I would be out of business if things like this happened in my world.

So if anyone is listening from DLP you might want to answer your emails and fix your phone. I have purchased over 700.00 in the last week from other venders since then because you guys are unavailable. What gives?? All I want is to buy some toys!

G

·
Unfortunately this is our absolutely our busiest time of the year. Not sure what is going on with the phone in your case.

I publish my contact info here so that you can get in touch with me whenever you want. Please call and I will go to the office on Sunday and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been ordering accessories from Hal's groups since 2002 - never have had a problem. The only problem has been me wanting whatever I ordered RIGHT NOW!!!
It just takes a little patience on our part.

Now I've moved about 10 miles away from DLP - anything I can't wait on I go by and pick up at the warehouse.

They are good people to work with and stand behind their parts and service.

Gary

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've bought thousands of dollars of parts from HDL since 2001 for my two VTXs and now for my M109R. The only problems were because the manufacturers did not produce or deliver the parts quickly. Hal is the most considerate businessman that I've ever met.

Carl

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I ordered a Cycle Shop license plate bracked, Cycle Shop 4 LED cluster to light the plate, Kuryaken Small Silver Bullet Amber LED signal lights, and a Back Off XP stop light modulator from them over the weekend last week. I have received the Kury silver bullets. Called, and had no problems getting through to someone. Questioned why it wasn't shipped 3 day and she didn't really know, but said it was probably because I was within 3 day shipping for the free shipping. Told me I would have my order by yesterday. Didn't show. I hope I get it by Monday, as I really want to get this stuff installed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had similar issues with DL.  I will not use the online ordering.  Orders will sit in the online que for 3 to 5 days before they are downloaded and processed.  If I order from DL it is only by phone.  Also, DL states that they are open at 8:30 a.m.  No one answers the phone at that time.  I wait until after 10:00 a.m. to call.

As far as DL business being very busy at this time of year " I don't care"!!!  DL is in business to make a profit.  This  is a very good thing.  As a consumer I don't want to hear DL is too busy to take my money or any other excuse.  Business will only succeed when you sell something the consumer needs or wants and the experience brings us back to continue to do business.  If DL doesn't have it I'll wait.

I do business with DL.

P.S.  The online ordering should be serviced daily.  Customers will receive their orders much sooner.

This is my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hal,
No need to go in to the office on Sun, although I understand. I do things like that. I will email you my customer number.

As far as the ordering setup, mine emails me every time some submits an order so I know immediately when things come through.

Thanks for dealing with this here. Issues will always come up, how one deals with it is what makes the company.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have bought a shooter windshield & a FI2000R on separate orders and have found the service to be beyond excelant. I would not hesitate to buy from direct Line again. I forgot to mention how quick I received both the above Items :clap2: :a18: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
898 Posts
i would order from them cause JR said so  :joke:  JR's my wheelie hero  :bigthumbsup:

Kidding aside I hav'nt ordered anything yet but will give DL first shot when I do because they sponsor this forum and I for one really enjoy the knowledge and just general conversation, pics and links to cool vids and general happenings...

Some times things just go wrong... I know I have only read good things about Hal and Lamont they seem like stand up guys to me... Especially Hal he likes to chase down crazy cagers just like I do  :a18:  well and then Lamont's gonna get to do a 200mph pass like I would love to do  :bow: ...hmmm I guess it's a toss up their both cool  :bigthumbsup:

Khrome

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have been using Hal (direct line) since 02 for my VTX and now the 109R. I have been very happy with their service and their prices are the best around...sounds like you just caught a bad spell there. It can happen in any biz. Give them another shot I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My problem with DL is that my first order they did not have all the order and nobody contacted me to tell me they had to backorder the parts and the sent the only part they had. So after 2 and a half weeks I get a set of switchblade pegs and no adapters to put it on the bike. So I phone DL and am told about the backorder. I immediately cancell the rest of the order and purchase the items from another on-line store. When I get my bill the charged me the whole price of the order for just the switchblade pegs. Now I understand with your 4th of July holiday everything down there has come to a direct halt but the Friday before I try using the phone to purchase a Windshield from them and I wasn,t given a order number or even a guesstimate when the Item would even be shipped. :mad: ::) :edit:

·
Registered
849 Posts
HDL, and now DL have always been aces with me.  When I have had any problems, they've always corrected them to my satisfaction.  If they have the product I want, I wouldn't think about shopping elsewhere due to my previous experiences with them.
furthermore I think they've gone way out of their way to work with aftermarket manufacturers to develop and market additional products for our bikes.  An example would be Hal's communication with Memphis Shades to get handlebar adapters to mount different shields for the 109.  Another has been his communication with Cobra to help resolve some of the issues with the Slashdown Speedsters.
The fact that they are willing to do dyno tests on all the new exhaust systems that are released for the 109 just adds frosting to the cake in my book.
I don't know whether my satisfaction means I've just been luckier with my interactions with them, or whether I'm more efficient and relaxed in resolving any snafus that occur occasionally anytime you're ordering on line.  Whatever  the reason, as I said earlier, they will always be my first choice when looking for the toys I want.
Jerbear

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don,t get me wrong I appreciate the work Hal and Lamont have done for the Board and I expect that when I talk to Hal on Tuesday he will defiantly look into my problems but when a guy in Australia can receive an item faster than a person on the same Continent something is wrong. A person like myself does not only look at the price of an object I also have to take into account the amount of time it should take to get to me. I ordered a Helmut from a place in Florida and it was at my dor in 5 days with free shipping to Canada now that is service I will differently use them again. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :joke: :D :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now this is funny...I am out cleaning the bike. As if it needs it. My neighbor (HD guy) comes over with a box. He says" They left this for you last Tues, I forgot about it" Huh? I look at the package and lord behold it is my grips! So I will chaulk up half of the responsibility here!

Ha, however Hal you sent them to the wrong address ( I am never here and have every sent to work) and they should have been here the Fri before. In the future a confirmation of change both in ship and address would be great. Grips are on and look wonderful. Thanks!!!! I am a happy camper

·
Registered
191 Posts
hi there,
ordered the cobra dragsters 6-6-06 for the M. because i live in europe i had to fill out a form that its really me to be sure its not an internet fraud. this is good service, however when i e-mail and asked them if everything was filled out correctly etc, there was no answer. tried e-mailing them 2 weeks later, no answer. i even tried the e-mail which lamont gave in this topic, but no answer. so i decided to call them. seems you cannot call an 888 number from europe. found the other number on the website called it and they said: sorry call the miami number and try again. so i did. and finally i got my answer: the package was shipped 5-7 and i received it 7-7. so for all europeans out there: don't mail call 001 740 676 47 22 for aftermarket parts. the package was also perfectly packed and shipped, everything was in 1st class condition. still have to wait 2 weeks for the bike to arrive, but for now the dragsters look way cool on my dresser. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts