M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have the service manual but can someone scan in the Airbox removal and installation instructions?

I would really appreciate this, I am in the middle of it right now (Sunday 10:15 am August 27th 2006- West coast time zone)

I can't wait to ride her today with my new Cobra Slashdowns!

Thanks a million for this one if you can!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just installed my PCIII this weekend and I can tell you removing the air box is a PITA!
Matter of fact that was the hardest part of the install...getting the air box off and on.
The front throttle body was the hardest part. The air box did not want to come loose even after fully untightening the clamp that fits around and holds the air box to the throttle body (TB). After a little persuasion with a screw driver it finally let go.

TO put the air box back on I found it easier to attach the front TB first then the back. Again the back TB was easy, but the front required a couple quick firm pushes and it finally popped on. Don't force or you could rip the rubber on the air box. Make sure it is lined up and then give it a couple firm pushes.

As far as the rest goes, either mark or make a mental note of the few vacuum lines you have to take loose, the air cleaner ducts (both sides need to come loose from the air box) and the wire connectors that you unhook/unplug. Doing so along with loosening the screws on the TBs allows you to just pull the air box right off.

If you need more detail please email or pm me and I can go through it step by step in more detail.

I hope this helps if you weren't able to finish it.

Later,
krazydiver

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thanks for the reponses but I worked at it all weekend did PCIII, Cobra Slashdowns and my own customer intakes.

I didn't take the air box off all I did was pry off the rear intake and lifted it slightly with a screw driver while I slid the Front connector and wires underneath it. I was very relieved to not have to take it off.

I will post pics of the new look of the bike.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Moegilly said:
Well thanks for the reponses but I worked at it all weekend did PCIII, Cobra Slashdowns and my own customer intakes.

I didn't take the air box off all I did was pry off the rear intake and lifted it slightly with a screw driver while I slid the Front connector and wires underneath it. I was very relieved to not have to take it off.

I will post pics of the new look of the bike.
If I would have know that's what you were doing I would have given you this link. ;)
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4219.0

The only I will say is you do not have to remove the airbox to get to the injectors. This will save you some time and frustration.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
lol now you tell 'em .....I did mine this weekend ,it took two hours,but i did a few other things while the box was out and there was room for stuff to be done
So how is it working with that "stuff" gone? ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finished yesterday evening and took her for a ride!
Holy %#@$ is it loud!

My wife has a 06 Dyna low rider with Rhinehart 2 into 1 and she could not hear her bike when we went for a ride.!! lol!

Any way like all the rest I am trying to figure out how the hell you post a picture.

I installed
Cobra slashdowns
PCIII
Changed the lenses to clear
Made my own custom intakes!

As far as the trusty AIRBOX I didn't remove it
I only slid off the rear air intake and pried it up with a long screw drive while I slid the Front injector connectors though.

When I had to put the rubber intake back on I used a little spray bottle of water and wet the surface to slide things together easier. It worked like a charm. I did not loosen the clamp screw at all. The head stripped when I tried with a brand new screw driver so oh well.

How the heck do you post a pic and is there a size retriction?

G

·
Moegilly, it looks like you are trying to post a pic directly from your computer. You have to post it on a server and link to that. Members here use
. I use
. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finally Here are the pics

this was me and my buddy after the all weekend installation
of PCIII, Pipes and Air intake.

G

·
Looks good! I wondered how it would look without the half circle chrome thing in the back. Thanks Pr0wl3r-X for saying what I obviously couldn't. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Moegilly said:
finally Here are the pics

this was me and my buddy after the all weekend installation
of PCIII, Pipes and Air intake.

The intakes look the same as in the Not easy being blurple thread. Am I right? I am researching those right now.

Sledzep

PS nice pup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts