M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a template or measurements for license plate holder and turn signals after i debeaver the 9?:dontknow:I was thinking of making one instead of spending $ 89.00 at DLP. tHX

·
Registered
42 Posts
i just used some 1/4" thick alum angle stock and cut it 1/16" shorter than the plate itself and used the old plate light mounting holes to attach the bracket im using an integrated tail light for signals but what you can do is cut the angle about 2" longer then cut one side of the angle off and then bend it down an dril holes for the turn signals.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just run the signals up through the bottom of the fender and get a 1/4"x1" x 6" piece of steel from home depot for $1.25 to mount the plate to the angled part of the inner fender.

I will try to get you a picture of mine

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Flash and the plate can't seem to get along, but you should be able to get the idea.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

pm me if interested
After making a dozen of these myself ( first few went into the scrap till I got it right ) I would just buy this one from SORGE... honestly ... it is made of thick material , it is made of the right material ( won't rust ) and it is the same solid design I ended up playing with . Sorges are laser or waterjet cut so you know they will be square and proper when you go to install.... making your own is nice .... if you have all the tools and are willing to mess with it and experiment however some things you just need to buy ... Do the " debeaver " on your own and buy the right parts to do it with ...

my 2 bits anyway ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.