M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new M109 a week ago Friday.  I noticed a few days after getting it home, the inside of my speedometer was scratched.  I really noticed it at night.  The good news is the dealership said it would be covered under warranty.  They service director told me they had sold another m109 about two weeks earlier and it had the same problem.  Has anyone else noticed the inside, yes, the inside clear cover scratched?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Figured i did it from the outside trying to wipe it off. Must be the factory's fault.

·
Registered
234 Posts
mine to found it just before leaving deller they replaced it

·
Registered
192 Posts
So glad you mentioned it. It's been on my list of things to do - polish them out. But if it's on the inside...Does it resemble windshield wiper streaks?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had mine replaced a month or so ago. It was caused by acetone being wiped on the inside of the lens when it was assembled. The lens is actually melted on the inside. Suzuki is aware of this problem and dealers have received plenty of replacment lenses.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine was scratched (actually looked like someone licked the inside) and the dealer has a replacement but I haven't had time to get the bike up there recently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts