M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Matey's

I'm searching for an answer to the problem of MORE Ground Clearance ???

I know most like the "low slung" look (so do I), but I also like to undertake a Sports-Bike on the inside @ 100+mph, leaving a big black line !!! lol

I've currently ground everything down to the frame, and I'm starting to wear through that !!!

Jack-UP Bones seem to be the answer, but I'm unable to find any, nor adjustable's.

Has anyone got another solution to this problem ???

I like to play with my "9", and it's sagged since new, and my diminishing clearance is now allowing the odd Hayabusa, GSX-R, and R1 to pass me through the Adelaide Hills, in South Australia,

THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE !!! lol

Soooo,,,,,,,,, Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Big Jim
Down Under

P.S. Just upgraded to Racetech Front Springs of 1.20Kg/mm from .540Kg/mm Stock + a heavier fork oil. Combined with the 160x60 Front Tyre, I've gained 2" !!! NOW just to lift the Ass a bit !!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Take off ur stock bones or get someones stock bones and use them for template. To raise your bike, you will need to have someone make you bones. To raise the bike, your new bones must be shorter than stock bones..25" should give you about an extra inch of clearance. No one makes bones that raise ur bike, so you will have to get someone fab it up for you.

Also, what is your shock setting at. You can upgrade your rear suspension to an ohlins or an air ride. But if you have a stock shock, go to a firmer setting. Stock setting is 4. If you are at 4, I would go to maybe 6

G

·
Take off ur stock bones or get someones stock bones and use them for template. To raise your bike, you will need to have someone make you bones. To raise the bike, your new bones must be shorter than stock bones..25" should give you about an extra inch of clearance. No one makes bones that raise ur bike, so you will have to get someone fab it up for you.

Also, what is your shock setting at. You can upgrade your rear suspension to an ohlins or an air ride. But if you have a stock shock, go to a firmer setting. Stock setting is 4. If you are at 4, I would go to maybe 6
4 to 1 ratio, wow.

G

·
G'day Matey's

I'm searching for an answer to the problem of MORE Ground Clearance ???

I know most like the "low slung" look (so do I), but I also like to undertake a Sports-Bike on the inside @ 100+mph, leaving a big black line !!! lol

I've currently ground everything down to the frame, and I'm starting to wear through that !!!

Jack-UP Bones seem to be the answer, but I'm unable to find any, nor adjustable's.

Has anyone got another solution to this problem ???

I like to play with my "9", and it's sagged since new, and my diminishing clearance is now allowing the odd Hayabusa, GSX-R, and R1 to pass me through the Adelaide Hills, in South Australia,

THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE !!! lol

Soooo,,,,,,,,, Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Big Jim
Down Under

P.S. Just upgraded to Racetech Front Springs of 1.20Kg/mm from .540Kg/mm Stock + a heavier fork oil. Combined with the 160x60 Front Tyre, I've gained 2" !!! NOW just to lift the Ass a bit !!!
Bro, I am in if you find someone. Looking to upgrade forks as well, like your feedback if possible on how they handle with the new springs/oil.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Far as I know, it only goes to five. I have had mine set on 1 since I bought it and am perfectly happy with that. Yeah it scrapes now and then, but not terribly. I only weight 160, so that may help.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Far as I know, it only goes to five. I havve had mine set on 1 since I bought it and am perfectly happy with that. Yeah it scrapes now and then, but not terribly. I only weight 160, so that may help.
Stock shocks have settings 1-7 on them. 1 being the softest, 7 being the firmest. From the factory, all shocks come set at 4. To adjust your shock, you will need a spanner wrench or be creative in making a tool.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Set the rear shock on 7, add a 250 E3 tire, 160 on the front, and the whole bike will be quite a bit higher, and corner quite nicely. Just my opinion and set up of course.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Set the rear shock on 7, add a 250 E3 tire, 160 on the front, and the whole bike will be quite a bit higher, and corner quite nicely. Just my opinion and set up of course.
Thanx for the replies / input Fella's,

In reply to above quote / Yerp, got exactly that / have had for quite some time / I really need to post pics of my scraping damage, to give ya's an idea of how much I hang off it !!! lol

"Whaddya mean ya can't get your "Knee Down" on a 109 ??? Bullsh*t !!! LMAO
I'm trying Man ,,,,,,,,, God knows I'm trying !!! lol

Yes ,,,,,,, I was afraid I would have to fabricate, but I just wanted to check B4 going down that road, and then finding out there is something readily available. I will tell you of my result soon / got a couple of 'Engineer" mates looking into the easiest shortcut.

Keep the Shiny Side up Men !!!
Cheers'
Big Jim
Down Under

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
You can move your front forks down in the trees to get more clearance too. Adding height at the front gives you more clearance at the pegs than adding the same height at the rear.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Will a "lifted" 109 do a better burnout down under?

Just don't forget your flip flops! :joke:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts