M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up my M1800R (M109R) on 27th May
Is there anyone in the UK who already rides this beast?

·
Registered
346 Posts
What did your bike go for in GBP? I get the chance to go to the UK now and then for my job and also got the chance to drive there. I will tell you that the people in your country really know how to drive, outisde of London that is. My colleauge and I rented a car and drove to Stongehenge and it was a real pleasure driving in the countryside. We also drove on the M-something and people actually move out of your way when you want to pass in the fast lane....wow. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
The recommended price in the UK is £8995 @ 1.88 to the $ = $16,958
I actually paid $16,200
I know that I can buy one in the US for $11,600 but you need to add on 6% import duty and then 17.5% VAT and then pay for shipping - I would have saved $800 - I decided to take the easy option and buy one locally
The only thing I don't get is a M109R jacket - you need to have a US address to send it to.
It is a pretty drive down the M3 and then the A303 to Stonehenge, the rules in the UK are no undertaking, so most people do pull over when someone wants to get past - quite civilised.
Anyway I am sure when I come up behind them - they will move over to get a closer look.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hmm...maybe we can work something out with the jacket. When I filled out the online form for the jacket I beleive there was two areas to input addresses. Maybe you could order it and have it sent to my address and I can then send it to you over in the UK. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
I will need to get the VIN - maybe Suzuki will know it is not a US bike - but it is worth a try.
If you email me your address I will type this in when asking for the jacket. - [email protected]
I can then email you with my address and you can send me the jacket - I am happy to pay the carriage charges.
I am not sure what I could do in return for your help - buf if you are ever in the UK - then let me know

·
Registered
422 Posts
Higgo is a member here from the UK.
I looked at getting a jacket too until I found out postage to Australia was $192USD
Does your bike have the M1800R badges on it?
Higgo was trying to see if he could get me a pair of them but haven't heard yet.
Cheers
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts