M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to build my first bike. I chose a bobber due to SIMPLICITY, STYLE, and ease of build.

I want to do the all blacked out look, no chrome, just matt black, white wall tires, etc.

I was wondering if anyone has ever done this or knows how or what it takes.

I did a little research, came up with a PACO Frame, and to use a 1200 sportster engine...
But that;s about it....

Any Help

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Bobber

JMHO, but spending a lot of money (and it will add up) to build a slow bike that vibrates badly seems like a waste of time and money. I just don't get the nostalgia for inferior bikes unless they are dirt cheap. I guess because I lived when these types of bikes were new, I have no urge to relive the past.
I did build a 1969 350 Honda chopper with a 6 inch extended front end, TT pipes with shorty mufflers, and a single seat, flame paint job, tall pointed sissy bar, etc., but it was in 1970. It was a great bike, and wheelied at will. I kept it til 1982 when I got a 750 Honda. By then I was over the chopper thing, and put on a Vetter fairing. It was kinda like this:
If you really want a bobber/chopper, get a cheap bike and play with that, unless money is no object or you're trying to fit in with the HD crowd at any cost. Then it would be cheaper to just buy one someone else built.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Challenges!

I believe it's all in the challange. Can you do it? The thrill of the build.

All that stuff. Jus sayin.

I've built a few things just to see if I could. Wife thinks I'm nuts. Keep her guessing.

Good luck.

IMHO, I'd stay away from the HD power plant. So many options in V-twins. More power and look good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts