M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started a few days ago when i go into a slow turn or corner the turn is going smooth then all of a suddon the bike feels like its going to fall to the inside. Not taking corner fast just off a light?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
How long have you had the 9?

I am thinking it is you feeling the 240 rear tire.

Coming off a bike that had a slimmer rear, the 240 could feel like it leans faster the more you lean.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Actually, there could be just a getting use to the bike thing, or there could be some reasons. One could be improprer tire pressure---way to high or way too low could cause it. The other is steering head bearings are bad. Both are not likely, but are possibilities.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
You got too much gas in the tank

:joke:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
How many miles on your nine?
What tires?

I'm thinking since you are a 2009 member, that you have some miles. I would look at the front and see if it's cupped. Also how flat is the center of the rear wheel?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Just started a few days ago when i go into a slow turn or corner the turn is going smooth then all of a suddon the bike feels like its going to fall to the inside. Not taking corner fast just off a light?
If the bike is in good mechanical order I would say you were just going too slow to keep a 700 plus pound bike vertical and off it's side.

Once you hit a slower rpm the bike cuts and it feels like it is going to fall over at slow speeds , once I installed the GI Pro I found that the bike was more stable at slower speeds as it didn't get all lumpy and cut out at low RPM's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will check tire pressure. I still have stock tires on with just 2500 miles on them.I have been riding for 20 plus years. It just feels different for some reason.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You may need to increase your speed in the turn just a little, the bike is so heavy that it tends to want to lay down if your going through a turn too slow, otherwise check the tire wear and pressures.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Newton's Laws of Motion

Sounds like it is a simple fix According to Newtons second Law. The alteration of motion is ever proportional to the motive force impress'd; and is made in the direction of the right line in which that force is impress'd.

So just give it more throttle!!!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yup I would agree with you Dr.Pegasus its seems to be a small case of weak****itis which is a quite common condition amongst the HD riders so I would recommend regular exercise and a table spoon of cement 3 times a day until the patient can feel the effects of hardening up followed by reduced dosage of one table spoon before sitting on the M109R :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Your front tire is much smaller than your back. When you corner the diameter of the contact surface changes more on the front. The back tire is now rolling at a different but still bigger contact point and a little faster than the front and you really feel it in a slow tight corner...very unnerving at first.
It makes it feel like its going to slip out

G

·
Your front tire is much smaller than your back. When you corner the diameter of the contact surface changes more on the front. The back tire is now rolling at a different but still bigger contact point and a little faster than the front and you really feel it in a slow tight corner...very unnerving at first.
It makes it feel like its going to slip out
I'm sorry, but that is nonsense.

Not even close to describing what is actually going on.
But nice try though.

He is simply going too slow for the centripital Force to ballance the weight of the bike. So it wants to fall inward. The inequities of tire size don't come in to play until you get over 15 to 20 mph.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I'm sorry, but that is nonsense.

Not even close to describing what is actually going on.
But nice try though.

He is simply going too slow for the centripital Force to ballance the weight of the bike. So it wants to fall inward. The inequities of tire size don't come in to play until you get over 15 to 20 mph.
Well said. :agree:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts