M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking at the back and thinking "its a shame to hide that fat tire"

considering relocating the license plate and cutting up to the turn signal/reflector mount has any already done this?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I would love to try it with you.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
do the step by step, as far as the bracket, If you are ok with sheet metal you can make one yourself, for next to nothing.:doorag::doorag::doorag:

·
Registered
63 Posts
i have been looking at the back and thinking "its a shame to hide that fat tire"

considering relocating the license plate and cutting up to the turn signal/reflector mount has any already done this?
I cut of the back fender, now you can see the back tire.
i fund a back fender tip and I was able to adjust to my back fender
see the picks. I fund a tip at http://www.nationalcycle.com

before and first time cut, finish with the tip:
SSPX0178SSPX0194.jpg.jpgSSPX0221.jpg

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Here are Txman's pictures:

Looks good.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It may feel a little less like 'pulling the trigger' if you find a take-off fender on ebay so we can cut that one up and you can keep your stocker in case you decide you do not like it.

We could also make a fiberglass one-off it you do not need it to support the weight of a passenger. So you would have a solo fender and a 2-up fender.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
or you can order a fender blank off ebay and fab up a new one so you can still go back to stock if you need to for some reason.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I did not like the number plate holder/tail light blinker holder but like the big gaurd so here is my go at it ...
have since cover up holes on bottom of fender with red reflector as it is law to have one at rear in new zealand .
would like to take brake light out and fill in hole and fit in a single red strip in to fender gl with it

·
Registered
63 Posts
last pictures c109r

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx...... still pondering if I wanna cut that high or only 4-5 inches as I was first thinking, but, now ya gotta spill the beans on the batwing fairing

last pictures c109r

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
take a look at threads by markysparky
thanks that does does look pretty nice, i dont think i will be going that high though since i do run saddle bags and think i am just gonna come up to about level with them

was there any issues with you cutting the inner fender/ support underneath strength wise?? can you still run 2-UP?

·
Registered
41 Posts
re rear fender

you can't cut it much lower because of the holes for the mounting of the number plate holder.i used a jigsaw with a very fine blade to cut it with,cut very slowly so i did'nt mess up the paintwork too much with the heat generated by the blade.i can still run 2-up.

thanks that does does look pretty nice, i dont think i will be going that high though since i do run saddle bags and think i am just gonna come up to about level with them

was there any issues with you cutting the inner fender/ support underneath strength wise?? can you still run 2-UP?

·
Registered
216 Posts
take a look at threads by markysparky
Sorry dude....to each their own......fugly....f**ken ugly....to me anyway. :D As I said, to each their own though.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
:joke: Thanks for the PM markysparky...you have a nice little screen as well. ;).....haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts