M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb topic but anyways: Does the M109R have anything in common with the M50. I am talking about handling and smoothness. I know power is stupid to compare. I was just curious about the leaning and the smoothness and the overall comfort.

Is this a commuter bike? 350 miles each way over the weekend?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had an 05 M50. These are completely different bikes. As you know, the seat on the M50 sucked. The 109 has never caused any back or leg pain. I lost my butt trading up, but it was worth it. It naturally takes a few days to get use to it, but once you do, you wonder how you lived with the 50.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I thought the M50/ Volusia rode a little smoother, but I think this is due to the lo-profile tires. And I honestly think the 109 handles better. As far as the milage is concerned, the bike could take that every day for years.
So don't wait any longer and get one... you won't regret it :evil: :evil:

G

·
Yup. Traded in a red one for the 109. Best decision ever. I used to think that the M50 was the bike to have, lol. The 109 makes it look like a Burgman 400, haha... :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I came off a C50 and will never look back. The ride difference is phenomenal, you also don't have to get a Mustang seat just to make it comfortable.

Buy! Buy!! Buy!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts