·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great...now I found the one from DLP.....
I would have bought from there had I looked into it farther.
:cus:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Well, I'm not sure how it's made, but it looks similar to the cycle house plate bracket.  This means that you are going to have to remove the tail cover/brake light housing and also cut off the original plastic plate holder and turn signals.  Pretty in-depth process to not give any instructions with the product.   Rest easy, as it's not difficult to do.  Just go to the How To Step by Step forum here, and look for the thread titled Cycle House Plate Install or something like that.  There's only one page of threads in that section, so it won't be hard to find.  It gives a detailed instructional on installing it.  Yours will mount the same way.

Oh, one other thing. Before you hack off that stock plate and signal mount, you need to decide how you plan to light up your plate, as it's gonna also remove the stock plate light. Most of us have mounted a couple LED lights above the plate, but they also make license plate frames that have a row of LEDs that shine on the plate. I have seen one for as little as $30. If you go that route, you will probably need to mount the frame upside down so the lights are on the bottom so it will fit. You can always get Kury plate light bolts that mount in the plate holes and have lights that shine to the side on the plate. I've heard a lot of these short out though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton Medic..... I kind of bought this on "Ebay impulse" and I do dread cutting ANYTHING on a brand new (to me) bike. I had to chop up my Tiller for the undertail and it was a heartwrenching process :(Â I think it will clean up the bike nicely though so the "how-to" should save me alot of hit and miss.
As for the lighting Im going to use these

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=3400585

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought it form that guy 4 months ago... It is great holes lined up and was easy to install... I added a Customs dynamics LED licence plate frame, and small GSXR signal lights... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
i have the same one it looks great. just follow the instructions in the how to section and you should have no problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts