M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ride to Tybee Island, Georgia and eat lunch at Doc's Bar and then make a visit to the riverfront area of Savannah and ride back home all on a Saturday, a one day trip of a little less than a 1000 miles. I've done it several times before, it's not as hard as you might think. Any takers?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love Tybee Island and Savannah, but I am just too far away. Sounds like a lot of fun though. Ride safe
I want to ride to Tybee Island, Georgia and eat lunch at Doc's Bar and then make a visit to the riverfront area of Savannah and ride back home all on a Saturday, a one day trip of a little less than a 1000 miles. I've done it several times before, it's not as hard as you might think. Any takers?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
You just KILL me , your still Healing form the Ankle thingy and you want to Iron Butt it to Ga ,,,, YOU ARE THE MAN :a18:

When ??

who am i kiddin that trip would kill me ,,,

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tybee Dates

Saturday, April 17 (rain date Saturday April 24) meet at the East Coast gas station at rt 10 and I-295 at 5 am.

I posted a rain date because on a ride like this bad weather would make it fairly miserable so let's shoot for good weather.

Blakester, we will arrange a meet-up with you once times and dates are finalized. I estimate we should pass through Walterboro about 11 am-12 noon. We could call you on our last gas stop before Walterboro.

NOW, WHERE IS WOOD2B BRUCE?? This is a Saturday ride.

DJM109, get those tires mounted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whatttt????

NOW, WHERE IS WOOD2B BRUCE?? This is a Saturday ride.
I would love to do this, but I will have to check my schedule.

5 a.m. really???? That is too early.

How long do you anticipate this ride from beginning to end?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have a trip planned already,near that date , Bruce can mount a Camera on his Toll-pass Mount :bigthumbsup:

Bruce ,,,,:dontknow:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to do this, but I will have to check my schedule.

5 a.m. really???? That is too early.

How long do you anticipate this ride from beginning to end?
Leave at 5 am and be back by 11pm depending on how much time we spend in the Savannah area. We will also take a short break at each gas stop. Fill up at the starting point and 2 (maybe 3) gas stops enroute. If things go slower than planned we can skip Tybee Island and go to the Savannah riverfront. Tybee involves local roads to and from whereas the Riverfront is right off of I-95 via the rt 17 exit at Hardeeville, S.C.

·
Registered
277 Posts
still pondering

Leave at 5 am and be back by 11pm depending on how much time we spend in the Savannah area. We will also take a short break at each gas stop. Fill up at the starting point and 2 (maybe 3) gas stops enroute. If things go slower than planned we can skip Tybee Island and go to the Savannah riverfront. Tybee involves local roads to and from whereas the Riverfront is right off of I-95 via the rt 17 exit at Hardeeville, S.C.
I would like to try it, my only reservation is riding back so much at night. Is it the plan to come back interstates or dimmly list roads. I am skeered! lol

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to try it, my only reservation is riding back so much at night. Is it the plan to come back interstates or dimmly list roads. I am skeered! lol
Interstate down and back. Considering daylight savings time, the last 2 hours will be the only time in real darkness.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One of my documented Iron Butt rides was to Brunswick, GA and back. This is more of a social trip to Savannah without all the documentation of an Iron Butt ride, even though I have considered that.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, Kammeter wants to have a bike night at his place in Kilmarnock. This ride can be done at any time, maybe we should support a fellow member with his bike night. Several members have said they would like to go to his place but never gotten around to it. A shorter ride might enable Kruzzn to go with us considering his finger problem. I've been to his place before and it's a nice ride.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I was thinking about that too, I have too work that DAY , but if yall are going to the Bike NIGHT , I could Swing it, any one else ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
i like it

I think that would be a wonderful idea...support our brethren.

If Ooinkk goes, I'll go

1 - 19 of 19 Posts