M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Haven't had any overflow problems with my '07...yet. But I still haven't quite reached the 600 mile dealer service yet...but I should be there by this weekend. I did stand by the tech at my dealer when he was putting my 109 together and he did know the proper procedure to check the oil lever as he let it run for about 10 to 15 minutes then shut it off and and just kept sitting on it with it vertical for about 5 minutes then he pulled the dip stick wiped it and only inserted it to the first thread then checked the oil on the stick....it was right on the money according to the stick. I also checked it again myself the other day when I got in from riding and again it was right on the money according to the stick. My dealer knows about the oil overfill as they made that mistake on a couple of the first '06s they got and serviced and had to replace the air filters due to overflow...so they say they have learned their lesson on the 109's. I also had the tech tighten down on all my radiator hoses before I left the dealership so maybe I won't have the dreaded coolant leak. :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
No probs on my 109, BUT I did see first hand what happens when you overfill it by alot. My buddy Doug on his Burple 109 blew a hunk of smoke and then his bike did a great impersonation of a Harley by leaking oil out the left side. The dealership fixed it, but it should not have happened to begin with.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Have had no problems with my black '06 I bought last March and no problem with my red '07 I got 11th August. Service departments need to check after they put the bike together, mine does. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
The year will have nothing to do with it, the dealer will make all the difference. You would think that by now it would be posted on the far heads of every Suzuki mechanic, but many dealers are still over filling them. It is my understanding that Suzuki will not pay them for this service work so it is on the dealer. You would think eventually, they will wise up and get with the program. Suzuki told me that they fill the bikes before shipment, so the dealers should not be putting oil in the bikes at all. IMO, there lies the problem. They are checking the oil, and of course it looks low, they put oil in, and fill it til it shows full. THEY DON'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. THe same ones they INSIST we read. Sorry, off my soapbox now. Have a great day. Peace out! :p

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Waltert said:
Haven't had any overflow problems with my '07...yet. But I still haven't quite reached the 600 mile dealer service yet...but I should be there by this weekend. I did stand by the tech at my dealer when he was putting my 109 together and he did know the proper procedure to check the oil lever as he let it run for about 10 to 15 minutes then shut it off and and just kept sitting on it with it vertical for about 5 minutes then he pulled the dip stick wiped it and only inserted it to the first thread then checked the oil on the stick....it was right on the money according to the stick. I also checked it again myself the other day when I got in from riding and again it was right on the money according to the stick. My dealer knows about the oil overfill as they made that mistake on a couple of the first '06s they got and serviced and had to replace the air filters due to overflow...so they say they have learned their lesson on the 109's. I also had the tech tighten down on all my radiator hoses before I left the dealership so maybe I won't have the dreaded coolant leak.  :D
correct procedure is 15 and 3 mins. do it by the book or you could be asking for trouble. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts