M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to get out occasionally but it's either too hot or thunder storms stop me.
I might be taking the 9 to Helen Ga. in Sept but depends on relatives.
Looking to make a day ride or maybe 2 day ride in South Georgia, just need it to cool down a little bit and drop some of the humidity.
I miss my weekly rides, good for stress relief.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I rode up to the Dragon last Friday and it was 102 in GA:eek:
I poured water on my t shirt .....it was the only thing that helped:D
Man that was hot!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I worked 2nd shift last week and I was trying to gauge the weather patterns. Got rained on every time I rode. No biggie.

-Josh

·
Registered
877 Posts
dude its almost not even fun...feels like in a dryer cuz shirt gets that fresh out the dryer heat smell...:hot:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
You just need to climatize yourself to the heat. I spent the last 8 months in Iraq and recently went back home for R&R and rode every other day while I was in Phoenix, AZ. The temp in Phoenix was around 110 every day and I thought it was hot but ride able, minus the sun burn but well worth it. I guess thats what happens when you get used to 130' F here for so long. A day of riding in the hot temps is better than any day over here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The last two weeks here in Nashville have had 100+ heat indexes, I've ridden everyday. The easiest and best way to beat the heat is to ride with a camelback loaded with ice and water. I started doing that when i was living in FL, cause honestly it isn't the heat that really bothers you. It's the fact that you're rolling down the road at whatever speed and the sweat just evaporates before it can cool you. Being able to hydrate while you're riding makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't mind the heat as much as I mind the sudden downpour, it's not the rain, it's the mud I have to ride thru to get home. That suks!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I don't mind the heat as much as I mind the sudden downpour, it's not the rain, it's the mud I have to ride thru to get home. That suks!
LOL! When are you gonna move to a place that has pavement? :joke: As for the "HEAT" I really love sweating so bad my new helmet smells like :edit:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ride in the heat,not for me,and i work outside.The heat here some times is unbearable, on top of that sitting on top of a 700 pound broiler really sucks ,but thats me.....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish I could move, but when you owe more than your place is worth what can you do. Wait for the value to come back up, that's what.
I like where I am at, just don't like the dirt roads, but being private they will never be paved, I am lucky we have clay thru most of it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah I dont mind the heat its the rain that gets me. Right now its like you need to put the bike away for summer. Your lucky you have a 40% of rain. Which means its going to rain.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weather was 1/2 way decent this weekend. got out a little bit but had to work Sat. That was the best day, it rained enough Friday to pack my road down, makes it easier to get in and out. And was cool enough with the cloud cover.
Looking forward to my trip to Helen in a couple of weeks, it will be cool up there!

·
Registered
310 Posts
doesn't really bother me just glad i can ride year round...:bigthumbsup:

G

·
What heat?

I'm summer time lucky up here in the TN/NC mountains. Actually need long sleeves in the morning sometimes as it will be in the 50's/60's, highs in the 70's on most days. I've even been a bit cool in the afternoons on some days and enjoyed getting out of the shade into some sunlight. Not like my days riding in Florida at all when I'd beg for a cloud to come along. However, the con is winter time. I'm sure there will be very limited if any riding to be done up here come November - February/March.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm summer time lucky up here in the TN/NC mountains. Actually need long sleeves in the morning sometimes as it will be in the 50's/60's, highs in the 70's on most days. I've even been a bit cool in the afternoons on some days and enjoyed getting out of the shade into some sunlight. Not like my days riding in Florida at all when I'd beg for a cloud to come along. However, the con is winter time. I'm sure there will be very limited if any riding to be done up here come November - February/March.
You will just need to get out some studded snow tires for your beast:bigthumbsup:

I rode all year in Dayton OH. But I was 16 and the bike was a Suzuki TS 125.
Had to slide down some hills on my side, very interesting coming back up.
And it was cold, icy, snow drifts. Man that was a blast!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah I dont mind the heat its the rain that gets me. Right now its like you need to put the bike away for summer. Your lucky you have a 40% of rain. Which means its going to rain.
I agree, the heat you can take, the rain makes roads slippery & dangerous, also cleaning the bike up sucks!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts