M109 Rider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another forum, guy found this note TAPED to the paint on his tank. No damage, name, number or email.

SUSPECTS a Boulevard rider that works in the same building. Bikes parked angled away from each other with rear tires no closer than two feet apart.

September 23, 2010

Learn motorcycle-parking etiquette. At least two feet if possible and there is plenty of space today. Next time I will not be so nice.

Would you take the last sentence as a THREAT? And if so, what course of action would you suggest? Area is under camera and may be possible to view tape.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
From another forum, guy found this note TAPED to the paint on his tank. No damage, name, number or email.

SUSPECTS a Boulevard rider that works in the same building. Bikes parked angled away from each other with rear tires no closer than two feet apart.

September 23, 2010

Learn motorcycle-parking etiquette. At least two feet if possible and there is plenty of space today. Next time I will not be so nice.

Would you take the last sentence as a THREAT? And if so, what course of action would you suggest? Area is under camera and may be possible to view tape.
Sounds like he is a bit envious! LOL

·
Registered
676 Posts
where i work, we have our own spots. Don't matter if its my truck or my bike---i would not be happy about someone taping messages to my bike:edit:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Wait.

There is motorcycle-parking etiquette?

Missed that memo.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
some people get too bent out of shape over little petty things. as long as my bike wasn't damaged, i wouldn't even bother giving his little note any thought.

but i would probably want to put a face with a bike for future reference.....just in case. :evil:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Motorcycle parking etiquette. Interesting. But I try to park far enough away that I feel comfortable with my bike where it is.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Let me take a WAG, it was a bimmer rider?? Some of those folks don't even wave , when I wave as i ride by.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Windycityrider--you wouldn't give the note any thought--even telling you next time he wn't be nice. NEGATIVE, that just seems like a bad day waiting to happen:edit:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
It sounds like a threat to me. In addition, he had no business putting his hands on your bike to leave a note taped to your tank. As long as your bike was parked within the lines of a valid parking spot, he really has nothing to complain about. He could have chosen a different parking spot for his bike if he didn't like the way you were parked. I do that all of the time with my bikes and my car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a little tweeked one time when a bike was too close that I couldn't get on mine. He must have been skinny. The idiot parked head in and leaned his toward mine. I left his in the aisle when I left.:mad:

G

·
You cheesers need carry law. Bad attitudes pervade Wisconsin, since everyone pretty much knows the penalties for unlawful carry. I lived in Sheboygan, I know. Had a laundry list of people I'd like to have picked off.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
Where I work that would be considered a threat, and workplace violence. I'd turn the note in and let HR handle it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Windycityrider--you wouldn't give the note any thought--even telling you next time he wn't be nice. NEGATIVE, that just seems like a bad day waiting to happen:edit:
yes, i wouldn't worry about it too much. i am respectful of other's property, especially when parking, and allow myself and the other vehicles plenty of space when parking so i'm not particularly worried about this actually happening to me.
however, if you notice i also posted that i would be sure to find out whose bike that belonged to for future reference. meaning i would want to know whose bike it is in case things do get nasty. i don't care for idle threats but without any visible damage being done to the bike, that is all you have proof of. i would just tape the note back onto his bike with a "have a nice day" reply then sit somewhere else in the parking garage and wait for them to come down and see their reaction. while he was getting ready to jump on his bike, i would fire mine up and pull out and drive past them so that they could take note that i purposely wanted to see who they were. if anything else happened in the future i would be sure to handle the situation appropriately. :evil:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Know one would get away from the wrath for taping or touching my bike.Just not proper biker etiquette.:doh:

·
Registered
547 Posts
What a prick, on the paint no less.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Since you mentioned the possibility of the bike being parked in view of a security camera, I would make sure the bike is parked in view of the camera so if it every happens again, the guy could be indentified. Once the guy is indentified, he could be left a note on his vehicle stating that if he ever threatens again, he'll have to answer to law enforcement.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You cheesers need carry law. Bad attitudes pervade Wisconsin, since everyone pretty much knows the penalties for unlawful carry. I lived in Sheboygan, I know. Had a laundry list of people I'd like to have picked off.
Yeah...I routinely put of few rounds into those pesky parking violators.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yeah...I routinely put of few rounds into those pesky parking violators.
Sheboygan is a bad place man, no way I would live there! I'm out here in the middle of Amish country, the land of the pacifists. "I would never harm thee, but I am about to shoot a hole where thou art now standing!" or something like that. My wife used to be the Athletic Director at Sheboygan Falls, about 3 years ago.

We have open carry in Wisconsin, who needs to hide anything? You just can't go in a bank, bar, government building, business, charity organization, or within a 1000 feet of a school, etc. Basically, you can't leave your house, but you don't need to hide it. Yes, we need CC bad here, maybe that will change soon, like Nov 2, or soon after.

Anyway, to address some of the misunderstandings in my original post. The note was taped to an older vintage bike, parked next to a M109. The next day the M109 was parked at the far end of the bike parking, away from all other bikes.

I was not there, only relaying intel. I guess from what I gathered the transgression was parking too close to his bike, the M109. I didn't realize there was parking etiquette, just common sense. I figure enough room to walk up to your bike and get on without changing anything due to my bike ought to be enough room. I won't double park in a space with somebody I don't know. I think this was in a line of a bike parking area, from what I gathered. My opinion was that when he TAPEDthe note on the paint that trumps all bad karma of parking too closely. You don't touch someones bike unless you have permission, unless it is laying on its side or something, even then if you are seen standing it back up you would probably be tagged for knocking it over so it might be best to just leave it alone and walk away. Though that is not what I would really want to do.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
......Anyway, to address some of the misunderstandings in my original post. The note was taped to an older vintage bike, parked next to a M109. The next day the M109 was parked at the far end of the bike parking, away from all other bikes.

I was not there, only relaying intel. I guess from what I gathered the transgression was parking too close to his bike, the M109. I didn't realize there was parking etiquette, just common sense. I figure enough room to walk up to your bike and get on without changing anything due to my bike ought to be enough room. I won't double park in a space with somebody I don't know. I think this was in a line of a bike parking area, from what I gathered. My opinion was that when he TAPEDthe note on the paint that trumps all bad karma of parking too closely. You don't touch someones bike unless you have permission, unless it is laying on its side or something, even then if you are seen standing it back up you would probably be tagged for knocking it over so it might be best to just leave it alone and walk away. Though that is not what I would really want to do.
:agree: i wouldn't necessarily call it parking etiquette either, to me it is more like common sense. and i also agree that if in a situation where parking spaces needed to be shared by bikes due to a full lot, then your explanation of allowing proper space between the two would be suffcient.

it really is surprising to see the increasing number of people that lack common sense these days and not necessarily people who ride bikes but the cagers especially.

ride safe all. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.