M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought in the bike to have the back rim changed for a crack on both sides , and they informed me that the shaft was bent, bearings need to be replaced and that it must have been in a rear ended accident....i picked up the bike from the show room, had pipes installed and a back rest and it has never left my sight..since i bought it..

so my question, has anyone seen or heard any such thing, from just your average riding....drive usually daily 5o km...and on the weekends usually anywhere from 200 - 700 -kms, and never dirt or gravel roads, and have not droppped it .....there are no scratches or dings anywhere on the bike and this shop is telling me it has been a big accident....!!!!!!!!!!

wondering changing tires at another dealership, going to a bigger, would it have happened when they switched over the tires onto the old rims.??then again proving it another story????

anyway going to have to wait a couple weeks for the parts to come in,,and then have fixed....don't know which is worse,,,,,having to drive my cage, :mad:, or my 2006 C50 Boulevard,...........:-[

anything anyone can tell me, or experienced simailar stories, please share.

frustrated and already having withdrawals from not having my M109;)

Thanks
Henri:D

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,758 Posts
No, but I have heard of rims having a flat spot from being bolted down in the crate. Look for a tiny rub mark on each side at the flat spot. That is a warranty issue. (I had my rear rim replaced under warranty for that issue, as have others on this forum.)

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just went back and looked at the pics of my bike while it was still in the crate. It had the rear tire mounted and aired up. I don't understand how they can put flat spots on the wheel in the crate. The front wheel was off and placed becide the bike in the crate.
I would wonder if the shop that mounted your tire didn't damage it or swap your good wheel out for a bent one so they could make some hella profit by selling your good wheel to the guy with the bent one and also selling you a new wheel later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Henri
I hope the rim works for you I know its ok. Sounds like your not having a good start to the year. I hope you took you're ride to a better place than the last.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts