M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Fooling the computer in thinking the air temp is cooler then actual temp and increasing the timing can result in detonation. Not a good thing on a hot day.

Try it and let us know how it works out. Not sure about that +25 increase either. JMO.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Don't waist your cash on this junk.What you need to be looking for is the GIPRO it is a well proven product.it will take out the jerky feeling in 1st and 2nd and give you full power in 1st through 4th and also has the led display.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Junk Junk Junk. Don't waste your money.

I didn't look at the ad, but if it's the chip that claims to give you 35 more hp, I want to buy 3 of them. :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
i heard its awesome!

a guy i know bought one, slipped it in his wifes cereal, she ate it.

Now she does dishes & laundry & cooks dinner everyday and wants to have sex with him at least 10 times a week!! already ordered mine and it is in route as i type!!
:joke::joke:

seriously there was discussion of the same basic thing on the Tacoma board i used to be on on for something to trick the IAT into thinking it was getting cooler air, general consensus as I remember was it may serve some small benefit, definitely not in 25% increase range. That would be like saying my C has 100 ft/lbs in June and 125 ft/lbs in Feb. :eek::eek:

and as for the detonation thing mentioned above, i sorta kinda remember something about that, can't remember any details BUT would check into before installing

>>> this post is #100 for me just reached - VERY ACTIVE MEMBER- maybe i should work on getting an avatar? <<<

·
Registered
404 Posts
you should also note a few things about that Dyno sheet;

#1 That sheet is NOT for a M50 or 109, in fact theirs no description as to what its from. Our bikes as a general rule dont produce 197 hp.

#2 Its dated 2004 ! The 109 wasnt released until 2006.

Until I saw current, model specific data, they get No credibility in any way from me. Smoke & Mirrors baby........... Who knows they may sell Rolex watches too .. only fifty dollars !!!!!!

Okie9er

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am still not sure in general statement for GIPRO. It is noticeable improvement in acceleration and even sound of the engine... it is a fact.
The thing is, when I put a load to the engine (like riding uphill) I am getting side sound like tapping wood on wood. It is not definitely a PING sound.
So as I said, I am not sure if I am getting positive function of GIPRO or some bad side effect.

Anybody has any experience there?

Don't waist your cash on this junk.What you need to be looking for is the GIPRO it is a well proven product.it will take out the jerky feeling in 1st and 2nd and give you full power in 1st through 4th and also has the led display.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have not done any research on new controllers out there but in 07 when I bought my Power Commander there was nothing that can change the timing on the 109. there is alot of hp to be had since the factory retards the timing a bit for warranty reasons. What is out there now. thanks

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I have not done any research on new controllers out there but in 07 when I bought my Power Commander there was nothing that can change the timing on the 109. there is alot of hp to be had since the factory retards the timing a bit for warranty reasons. What is out there now. thanks
The JSD and the GI-Pro have been out since 06 if not earlier for other bikes.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
thanks Ryno, I wish I knew then what I know now. I will do some more research, maybe ask around to find out what will work best, a custom map in my Power Comander or JSD/GI-Pro. If I only gain a few ponies by advancing the timing I will probably just leave it as is. Thanks once again for the help. Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts