M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my V-Rod a few months back to my friend because I am in the middle of building a house. Figured I would buy a chopper once the house was finished, maybe another V-Rod. Anyway, I pulled into a local dealership to buy some new grips for my ATV and saw someone drive away on a new silver M109R. Once I saw the M109R I knew I was hooked.

Just curious if anyone else had owned a Harley, more specifically a V-Rod. I really hope the aftermarket embraces the M109R as I had a lot of fun customizing my V-Rod.

G

·
Nope came off a 04 zuki marauder 1600..But question....which one you feel is faster... ;) or better or worse in what way and why? :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zuk feels faster than the V-Rod to me. Once I break the 109 in, I'll go race my old V-Rod. We'll see how that goes...as for the ride, I am 6'1" tall and my V-Rod had the extended pegs so I was able to stretch my legs out a bit more than the Zuk, but the seating position on the 109 gives me a "more in control" feel.

Btw, my buddy who just bought a V-Rod is now kicking himself for not buying the M109R....everytime we park next to each other, he always comments on how nice my M109R is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I currently own a 2004 VRSCB V-Rod. Worst motorcycle I've ever owned. I am currently in progress with a lemon-law action against HD. If the court ends up requiring Harley to buy the bike back from me, I'll probably pick up a M109R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Owned a few fast/big torgue bikes lately - 2004 v-rod had the most ridiculous riding position - I'm just under 5'10" and had to buy not only the reduced reach Harley seat but also the Harley pegs that move back an inch to keep my right ankle from burning up on the exhaust. In terms of speed, the v-rod felt a bit slower than the 109 and you had to really get the revs into the 6-8000 range to feel the v-rod's power

Also owned a hayabusa - obviously the 109's no 'busa but the torque of the 109 is far more fun at speeds under 100 ...

Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 was in my garage too - the 109 has more instantaneous torque and the 2000 would always bump the rev limiter at 5500 or whatever it was...

·
Registered
525 Posts
taijiman said:
excues me , what is a Harley?
Is this Kelly Pickler? :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rented V-Rods several times as "test drives" over the last couple of years. The bike always got great reactions on the street and I was sure I was going to get one and planned on spending $20K. Stopped by the metric dealer one day, saw a 109 on the pedestal, bought it the next day without a test ride and for a lot less.

I think the VRod is a good bike, but the 109 is the "it" bike for now and it sets the standard for cruiser style and value. I can't ride it for ten minutes without a compliment and/or question. I stripped the badges, so the most common question is "what the f--- is that?

·
Registered
817 Posts
My experience was almost exaclt the same as above. Had already decided on a Night Rod, had the color picked out, the accessories, everything... then saw the 109 and was like WHOA! Test rode the 109 (about 8 miles) and it was all over.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i wasn't going to buy a harley, but i did buy my 109 without a test drive as well. saw it on the website, researched it, scouted for best prices, walked in and got it without riding it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I went the other way...from the 109 to a V-Rod

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If the vrod was cheaper the 9 would be gone in a heart beat. I think the vrod blows the 9 away in the looks department.
What i need to do is get the wife on the vrod and i can have them both! When i get tired of one i will have the other.

·
Registered
771 Posts
After 40 years + riding many British and Japanese bikes,bought a vrod great bike handled very well very good brakes and performance,but poor ground clearance through right hand bends [exhaust scraping].won a 9 on ebay like it very much faster in a stright line

·
Registered
146 Posts
I didnt go from one to another but I did have a Harley first. I enjoy both of my bikes very much.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts