M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for new tires, and am thinking about going with Avon's front and rear in the 250-160 combo and throttle worx has some great pricing, only $379 shipped for cobra 250 and storm 160. One other question, I know there are very few that run the avon storm 160, but it is meant for the rear, and can I run it the same as a Metz (in reverse) without any problems? I want to try something a little different but don't want any problems in the process. I know that Avon is like Metzler and will recommend that you run a tire designed for the rear in reverse if it is mounted up front. But I just wanted to get some input from the guys that have run this tire on the front to hear what they have to say about it. Thanks
http://www.throttleworx.com

edit: Just did some more shopping and found the same setup on JakeWilson for $330 shipped! I know JakeWilson is a great company since I ordered my 250 E-3 through them and got my tire in 3 days. So I just need to hear from the guys running the 160/60/18 AV-56 to get some feedback.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Baldylatino runs the avons ... Hit him up I was going to run the avons but I got a great deal on my 160 metz so I couldnt pass it up . I have heard only positive

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lee, everyone that I have talked to that run Avons says that is all they will ever run. So I figured I have to give em a shot and see what all the hub-bub is about.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I am gonna go ahead and run the Avons. Only $330 for a set of tires with a 160 front is pretty good. If DLP carried the 160 front I would give them another shot at my business but oh well, I guess jakewilson will get another order from me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
had a look

I looked at your link and the avon has some interesting technicals on the 160 i am really interested in how they work, i wish we had some of those deals up here.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at your link and the avon has some interesting technicals on the 160 i am really interested in how they work, i wish we had some of those deals up here.
If it helps I would be willing to ship to you if it ends up avoiding your taxes. PM me if you want to try and work out something. Jakewilson has great prices and even better customer service, my dad and I have both bought our tires through them and have nothing but good to say.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If it helps I would be willing to ship to you if it ends up avoiding your taxes. PM me if you want to try and work out something. Jakewilson has great prices and even better customer service, my dad and I have both bought our tires through them and have nothing but good to say.
:agree: 100%

1 - 9 of 9 Posts