M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SOOOOO ready to trip the trigger on this bike, but there's no way until there is at least a basic windscreen and some way to carry stuff.

Has anybody seen windshield, bags, floorboards, anything at all for the M109R? When are they coming?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Someone at Intruder Alert said they got bags and are waiting for the supports to arrive. I could really use bags, and new bars.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Wanted said:
I am SOOOOO ready to trip the trigger on this bike, but there's no way until there is at least a basic windscreen and some way to carry stuff.

Has anybody seen windshield, bags, floorboards, anything at all for the M109R? When are they coming?
I think a Windvest will work just fine on this bike, they attach to the bars and run about 300 bucks.
http://www.coolwindshields.com/custom1_new.jpg

I don't think floor boards will be a problem, just have to find the ones that fit.

Bags are another thing, not sure what to do about bags (that look cool). ???

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lamonster said:
Bags are another thing, not sure what to do about bags (that look cool). ???
Check out the factory-matched hard bags for the V-Rods. Maybe not as "cool" as going bagless 8) but very attractive and functional.

Otherwise, how do you go more than 50 miles from home with it? ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VZR1800 said:
Someone at Intruder Alert said they got bags and are waiting for the supports to arrive. I could really use bags, and new bars.Â
Are these going to be hard color-matched bags? Semi-rigid? Soft sport-type? Any pics?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wanted said:
Check out the factory-matched hard bags for the V-Rods. Maybe not as "cool" as going bagless 8) but very attractive and functional.

Otherwise, how do you go more than 50 miles from home with it? ;)
Matching hard bags would be the way to go, but i'm a spoiled little [email protected] and want them NOW.

I rode almost 300 miles last Sunday, and everything was stuffed into whatever pockets i had. Sheesh, tough life.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VZR1800 said:
I rode almost 300 miles last Sunday, and everything was stuffed into whatever pockets i had. Sheesh, tough life.
I suppose that is an option as long as you end up home at the end of the day. I'll bet you weren't carrying a change of clothes in those pockets, were ya? ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wanted said:
I suppose that is an option as long as you end up home at the end of the day. I'll bet you weren't carrying a change of clothes in those pockets, were ya? ;)
No, but I had enough layers on to lequal 4 days of clothing. Just gotta stuff some extra underwear and socks in my pockets too. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just got off the phone with Windvest in CA. They don't have a configuration yet to fit the M109. They said they would be working on something and keeping a log of requesters. Took my phone number. They said it was a difficult configuration. Man I need a windshield...... :'(

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of the "first ride" reviews from the Austin rollout meeting have mentioned that several OEM accessories were displayed there. Did anyone else recall, or was I just dreaming that? :-\

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I had a chance to ask a factory rep while shopping here in ATL and he said there would some matching bags like the VROD, plus a windshield, backrests and small luggage rack. He said they would be along shortly and that the real hangup was the brochures, not the actual parts...

Sledzep01

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sledzep01 said:
I had a chance to ask a factory rep while shopping here in ATL and he said there would some matching bags like the VROD, plus a windshield, backrests and small luggage rack. He said they would be along shortly and that the real hangup was the brochures, not the actual parts...

Sledzep01
SCREW the brochures!!! Give us the crap!

I am REALLY glad to hear there will be matched hard bags. That's the only thing that would truly work on this kind of bike aesthetically.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Owner of my Dealership called Suzuki today, right in front of me, and I heard the guy say bags will be available before the end of this month. Hard Leather. No word on matching painted bags yet.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I hope they step up big time with the accessories. Yamaha offers alot more for their cruisers than Suzuki has in the past. It would be great if they did with this new push for brand recognition. I am personally looking for a sporty passenger backrest/luggage rack to start... Then maybe some extra light up front... and tidy up the rear with some flush mount LED signals... Pipes, paint... The dreams are limitless, but the funds are not.

Sledzep

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sledzep01 said:
I hope they step up big time with the accessories.
If they do, it will be a big change for them. Quite frankly, I wouldn't expect it. If they felt accessories were that important, they would have had them ready to go when the bike was released.

I think we may have to rely on the aftermarket, as per usual. If the numbers (and hence the demand) are there, the market will follow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all.

The power commander for the ecm is available, but will require remapping. Have had mine about 3 weeks and already have 1600 miles on it. It is crazy fast. Discovered an interesting fact. Most goggles used with 3/4 and 1/2 helmets can't take wind speeds of 140 mph plus. Finally passed my initial break in point where I could push it to the redline.........wow! Didn't get to the redline as I was not wearing a full face helmet. The goggles I was wearing started letting to much air in when the bike reached 140 mph. Eyes began to water and backed off. You will the power at 6500 rpm......

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey... a poster at Motorcycle-journal.com found these -

Figured I'd point to where he found them... (they're from a Chicago Show in October 05)

Lightbar, shaft cover, shield, hardbags, rack, backrest, and covers... funny that 'zuki doesn't have anything up for sale yet?

Me, I'm looking for the right footpeg replacement.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VERY sweet!!!

I hope they offer a smaller mini-backrest option. That tall one doesn't really fit the lines of the bike too well. And I hope the bags are removable...

Is that also a custom seat, or just the seat the had on the pre-production model for the show?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am going to make a trip in a few days so I needed something. Bought the Grantour bag from Kuryakin. Easy to attach should hold enough for my trip, not the ideal set up, have to connect it to the top of the rear seat. I am not fond of getting on and off with the bag on the back seat, but it will work for now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts