M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a huge fan of flames or large decals, wondering if anyone put stripes or pin stripping on their 109.
:p

G

·
Damn dude, that's bad a$$. I was looking at pinstriping today and that is what I was looking at doing. Not quite that much but close. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
actually, I only had them on there for a day. i was just trying to see how they would look and try out some ideas for my paint job. I use the pics to photoshop and try out various colors.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice work BlkM109r !
I was actually thinking of something more simple. Possibley wider stripes, but certainly along the lines of what Firecat did with the barb wire.

I think I just have to find some place that sells striping. Most places I've looked only sells flaming etc.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
i've seen the printed barb wire stuff somewhere. can't remember exactly. The local autozone had a bunch of different designs of pinstripe for the sides of trucks etc. might have been there. They had a design made of little Harley emblems, that'd look good...... NOT!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BlkM109r said:
actually, I only had them on there for a day. i was just trying to see how they would look and try out some ideas for my paint job. I use the pics to photoshop and try out various colors.

So are those pinstripes vinyl decal, or completely photoshop? What about the ones under the Mayhem lettering?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
the mayhem and stripes under it are vinyl decals and the same one that ive had on for a few months. The last picture i posted, with the blue, is photoshopped to change the color but i used the photo from the top of the thread where the silver and red tribal/flame is, as a "guideline" to make the photoshop easier. very hard to draw flames etc, in photoshop. Now that i've confused myself, i'm sure this is clear as mud to you guys.
the red/silver is (was) there and i used photoshop to play with colors to make it look filled in with paint. i still haven't settled on the final design for what i will be painting in the next few months.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I figured it was a decal. I know exactly what you mean about trying to do it in photoshop. That being said, how did you do the pinstripe and flames in your shirt design?

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I draw most everything in vector format using Adobe illustrator. sometimes i draw it by hand first in a sketchy form then scan it. Place the scan of my drawing in Illustrator and "trace" it using vector lines which are way easier to control than the tools in photoshop. Get it like you want it and then transfer to photoshop for effects etc. hey wait a minute you just tricked me into giving all my secrets away! dam! plot to rule the world foiled again.

oh almost forgot the going to commercial art school for 2 yrs and and then get 10 yrs experience in the sign industry before you try this at home

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I'm not even close to being artistic enough to come up with the designs like you have done. I was just interested in knowing how to do basic junk like that. I only have Jasc Paint Shop Pro, and mostly use it for my photography. I tried learning how to make vector art once, but hit a wall when my version of PSP didn't follow the tutorial when it came to editing nodes and such. I guess for the time being I'll just stick to improving my photography enhancing, as well as my cloning and layering like I did with my "Before the Ride" image in the other thread.

·
Registered
292 Posts
oh almost forgot the going to commercial art school for 2 yrs and and then get 10 yrs experience in the sign industry before you try this at home
so I shouldn't waste my money on computer programs that I wont have the self discipline and patients
to figure out how to use.....I'll just buy some more mods....I'm thinkin AIR next...

but I'll tell ya......your good at it.....I cant even use ms paint very well
I thought I was lookin at the real thing.... :p

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I was just razzin you guys. some people can pick it up pretty quickly if you have an artistic eye. It's just that i see so many people think that if you have the programs, they can do it. I hate to see people spend $800 on software and then not be able to "do it as advertised", if you know what i mean. i saw that pic Medic, seems like you've got a good handle on the photo stuff, you should try the vector nodes a try again.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put two 1.25" wide side by side racing stripes on the fender tank and rear cowling. Made them out of carbon fiber vynil. And I cut the Suzuki "s" logo into the stripes. If I can get my computer to work right I'll post a pic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts